Who's got cvt/multi

A4A

Reaction score
If you have what do you think

I have the cvt in my v6 tdi and love it so smooth but only had it since last year.

I used to have a CVT A4, loved how it drove when it was working, the problem is it didn't work very often, it was plagued with electrical issues in the gearbox ecu... I wouldn't have another CVT car but I do miss it in heavy traffic

I have the cvt in my v6 tdi and love it so smooth but only had it since last year.

If it's new you'll be under warranty if not be prepared for some grief

I used to have a CVT A4, loved how it drove when it was working, the problem is it didn't work very often, it was plagued with electrical issues in the gearbox ecu... I wouldn't have another CVT car but I do miss it in heavy traffic

I don't like how they drive and don't think i'll have it long....i watched a vid a youtube when finding out about them and somebody said "great in theory sh1t in practice" couldn't agree more.

I thought i was buying a proper auto (as i would call it) then found out it was this....never again!

I like it. Prior to this was a manual only neanderthal type but very impressed with the cvt. Smooth and seems to pick decent gear changes based on how I'm driving.

Multitronic here in B7 A4 Cab. No issues. Smooth and great in stop start traffic. Won't go back to manual now. This is my 3rd Auto.

I've had a few too but not like this, proper ones as I'd call it ie gears and cogs not a elastic band and 2 pulleys for a gearbox and a kid on 7sp "manual" setup.

I've had a few too but not like this, proper ones as I'd call it ie gears and cogs not a elastic band and 2 pulleys for a gearbox and a kid on 7sp "manual" setup.
I thought cvt were all couple of cones on pulley and a belt? Thought that was the entire CVt principle?

I know how they work but don't like/trust it..

I will when I get rid of it

Reactions: moorzy
I've got one. Personally I like it. Very chilled driving in auto, but the sport mode is far more lively. Upgrade to a paddle shift and it makes the 'manual' element make far more sense.

Our other car is tiptronic..... Genuinely very little difference from a driver experience perspective... Except the cvt is smoother in auto mode.

Regular oil changes are important (as with most things mechanical). Plenty driving around with in excess of 100k and no troubles.....