Who's driving (or NOT) at the 2015 Race of Champions and when is it?

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Help me out here but a couple of guys seem to be missing and one in particular...

OK, I guess these two missing guys who appear all dominant and wonderful when sat in the most powerful and most highly developed cars currently available (HATS OFF to the engineers...) when competing against lesser machinery on the Grand Prix circuit but when given the opportunity to compete in EQUAL cars where are they and in particular he?

What an opportunity to 'fly the flag' :crying:

This IS a spectacular event :racer: where drivers from different disciplines compete against one another in the same cars back-to-back and it's interesting for me to see those willing to compete and those who are not - sorts the MEN and WOMEN from the boys I guess...

Sebastian Vettel - Ferrari F1 driver; Four-time F1 world champion

Jenson Button - McLaren F1 driver; 2009 F1 world champion

Jolyon Palmer - 2014 GP2 champion and 2016 Lotus F1 driver

Susie Wolff - Williams F1 test driver

Nico Hulkenberg - Force India F1 driver; 2015 Le Mans winner

Romain Grosjean - Lotus F1 driver; 2011 GP2 champion; 2012 Race of Champions Champion of Champions

Felipe Massa - Williams F1 driver; 11-time grand prix winner

Daniel Ricciardo - Red Bull F1 driver; Three-time grand prix winner

Pascal Wehrlein - 2015 DTM champion; Mercedes F1 reserve driver

Ryan Hunter-Reay - 2012 IndyCar champion; 2014 Indy 500 winner

Tom Kristensen - Nine-time Le Mans winner

Petter Solberg - 2003 World Rally Champion; 2014 World Rallycross Champion

Jorge Lorenzo - 2010, 2012 and 2015 MotoGP champion

Mick Doohan - Five-time 500cc MotoGP champion

Nelson Piquet Jr - Inaugural Formula E champion; Ex-F1 driver

Jason Plato - Two-time BTCC champion

David Coulthard - 13-time grand prix winner

Alex Buncombe - 2015 Blancpain Endurance Series champion

Andy Priaulx - Three-time WTCC champion

Jose Maria Lopez - Two-time WTCC champion

SKY SPORTS F1 on Friday November 20th at 7.30pm and SKY SPORTS F1 on Saturday November 21st at 3pm; ENJOY....

NALF :yahoo:

Reactions: Ghost
Andy Priaulx nailed it by winning every race. Will see what happens tomorrow.

Reactions: Ghost and 45bvtc
Just finished watching this. I thought Plato and Priaulx would do well . England beat Germany a good result :) .
You need a bit of luck and it definately seem like the inside track is an advantage as you get a lap to warm the tyres, where as the outside only get 200m.
I can see Pascal Wehrlein or Vettel or Priaulx winning the overall tomorrow.
Hopefully it won't snow in London tomorrow, it's just started here. Glad I swapped over the tyres today as my summer ones were down to the wear bars.

Reactions: Ghost and 45bvtc
Well done (my man) Sebastian...

The finger

Reactions: desertstorm
The cream will always rise to the top. It would have been good to get Hamilton there as well, especially as it was in London. Coulthard was doing his best but he is not a regular racer these days.

We were seriously impressed with Coulthard, Karl; but to be fair we were seriously impressed with 'em all including Tom Kristensen who is not a short circuit racer.

I've likes Vettel for many years starting maybe some10-years ago when he did the ROC with Schumacher and he was so in awe of Schumacher as well as being desperate to beat him, which he didn't, that's most memorable.

I like Vettel; he has that same dedication and good humour as Schumacher