1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's changed their gear knob?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_Wicked666, May 21, 2005.

1. imported_Wicked666

imported_Wicked666 Guest

[May 21, 2005]
    What to?

Do you have to change the gaitor too so it fits correctly?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 26, 2014]

3. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

4. pazaz

pazaz Member

[May 23, 2005]
    That pic of that sphere MOMO gear knob looks awesome, anybody know how much they are??

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  5. imported_Wicked666

imported_Wicked666 Guest

[May 23, 2005]
    about £60 for the VAG style one. You can ge tthe normal one from eBay for £40.
  6. imported_Wicked666

imported_Wicked666 Guest

[Jun 26, 2005]
    got it today! only received the gear knob bit and not the other bit pictured. So took audi one of and cut it to pieces to get the thing from the middle. It seems to all be in one piece.

Ended up cutting my hand with a stanley knife and needed 2 stitches - seriously!

When finally got to the middle bit it didn't fit so I just gaffer taped the gear stick and squeezed it on.

Looks good but the pain i'm in means it weren't worth it!
  7. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

[Jun 27, 2005]
    You just pull at the base of the gaitor and it comes free, then roll up the leather gaitor to reveal a pinch clip which locks the whole lot on. Open the ring with a small flat driver and the whole gearstick slides off.

Cant believe you cut the old one off with a stanley knife. You deserve your stiches for butchering the car - only kidding, hope you get well soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif