1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whooooshing noise

heap1000 Feb 9, 2013

1. heap1000

heap1000 Member

Had my 2.0 tdi bdk 2004 a3 for about 3 months now. I always drive it with the radio on so tend not to hear any strange noises.
    Wife turned it off the other day and when i put my foot down to about 2000/2500 revs and either take my foot off the pedal or change gear i can hear a whooshing noise.

I am guessing this might be the turbo? Or could it be a boost leak? Or even a hole in the exhaust?

Or hear is hoping that it is supposed to do that :)

Thanks

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Unless you're down on power, its just the turbo, check all IC piping makes sure its all secure, but I reckon its just that.

3. southylad

southylad Active Member

I am no expert mate but mine used to do that when i let off power sounded like a faint dump valve sound but after turbo recon dosnt do it now is your turbo noisy or not

4. Bramley

Bramley Member

It's the turbo. Mine is really loud, sounds like I have an aftermarket dump valve on. I have the 140 tdi too

5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

They do make that noise naturally anyway, but you get so used to it that it becomes everyday normality, stripped/fitted/cleaned a few & they all have some normal noises anyway.