Who wants to let me drive their S3?!

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone with S3's is raving about how good it is!

Now who is going to let me go for a hoooooooooooon in theirs for me to compare what they feel like compared to my 2 TFSI?????

OK you can drive mine but you have to help me fit the puddle lights that I bought from you

Richard

Everyone with S3's is raving about how good it is!

Now who is going to let me go for a hoooooooooooon in theirs for me to compare what they feel like compared to my 2 TFSI?????

As you know Robin I'm not far from you - I've no problem whatsoever letting you have a go in mine. I'm working away until next Friday but PM me after that by all means.

You can have my 2.0TDI for a couple of days while I try for 2.0TFSI if you like RB.

Once you go Diesel you won't go back =) You can make em' eat your dust allllll dayyy longggg (literally)

This is a good idea...I am in Manchester too! haha! Was thinking of changing to an S3 but would the extra 8k in price be worth the difference??

When I was looking at buying an A3 I went for a test drive in a 2.0T and I was so impressed with the smooth power delivery and low end torque there wasn’t a hint of turbo lag.
Comparing it to an S3 there is noticeable turbo lag so power delivery isn’t as smooth.

So I would say 2.0T is actually the nicer engine to drive.
But I bought a S3.:racer:

I think people are confusing turbo lag with boost threshold. A smaller engine with a big turbo will need to rev a fair bit before the turbo will start producing alot of boost, this makes the power delivery appear further up the rev range with more of a surge. That isnt lag, lag is when you change gear or come of the gas and there are enough revs but the turbo now has to some back up to pressure and you get a lull before all the power is delivered again.

Robin,

You can have a go of mine mate, no worries.

PM me and we'll meet up, i'm only in Liverpool. :icon_thumright:

Thanks for all the offers chaps!

I reckon we should have a north west meet up seeing as there are so many of us in the area!

To be fair yes i started it and then couldn't make it....

But that was due to my mum passing away out of the blue......

don't mind meeting up at somepoint, gutted i missed the RR day too!

I wasn't having a dig Eagle. I wanted to go also but couldn't make it. I'm free next sunday though. It seems if you organize things on here too far ahead they don't work out so well so why not short notice.

I'm free next Sunday after 3.30 if you get anything sorted ....

I'm free next Sunday after 3.30 if you get anything sorted ....

4PM then at the trafford centre?

Anyone else?

I need to get some KK doughnuts for my mum as I keep telling her how good they are.

I am in Ireland next Sunday

The sunday after that would be ideal for me!

I'm working next Sunday in Manchester but I drive right past the Trafford Centre on my way home about 3.30pm. So I'll be "there" anyway - if anyone's going to be about and fancied a brew and a chat and a few spins round the M60 or whatever just let me know. Its no effort for me at all. I'm not working the Sunday after so could do any time that day.

I could be interested 24th Aug? In the city centre so its only a 10 min drive, trying to blag one as a courtesy car next week...

I'm only in the UK next weekend so it's the only one I can do. Even if it's just you and me Iggu! lol

I'm only in the UK next weekend so it's the only one I can do. Even if it's just you and me Iggu! lol

No problems for me Staz - I can even be cheeky and ask you to bring your VAGCOM to see if I have any error codes ! Where will you be coming from and what time are you thinking of ?

No problems for me Staz - I can even be cheeky and ask you to bring your VAGCOM to see if I have any error codes ! Where will you be coming from and what time are you thinking of ?

Of course yes mate! Favour for a favour indeed :friends:

I'm be at my mums in North Wales. I can be there whenever just tell me when. When are you getting milltek? Before sunday??

I can't do this sunday but the 24th I can!

Staz i know there was no dig fella, wasn't getting at that. Like you say too far in advance and ended up not going myself!

Would be good in 2 weeks though!

LoL, That post was funny:

"If you must know it was ****" :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Next sunday is the VW festival at harewood house (near leeds) Myself and a efw others on here will be attending that.

LoL, That post was funny:

"If you must know it was ****" :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Next sunday is the VW festival at harewood house (near leeds) Myself and a efw others on here will be attending that.

Yeah I just realised that, I was wondering why not many were interested.

Eagle as I say I can't make the 24th but of course you can sort out another trip then anyway.

So who can make what then guys? Whats the majority leaning towards?

More than happy with the 24th - free all day. Staz if you fancy a quick meet up on Sunday I'm around - but isn't it a hike from North Wales given I won't be free until 3.45ish ? Your call mate.

I'm there on the 24th Robin and you can take my S for rag around if you want.....

Later in the day would be better for me too! say 3 or 4 ish......

More than happy with the 24th - free all day. Staz if you fancy a quick meet up on Sunday I'm around - but isn't it a hike from North Wales given I won't be free until 3.45ish ? Your call mate.

Yeah I'm probably best leaving it this time mate. Xmas meet anyone? lol

Edit: In fact Iggu you have Forge intake don't you? And when are you getting milltek fitted? If it's this week I'd like to have a look and listen to your motor if you don't mind!

Are you getting a custom map on your bluefin with the extra mods?

Yeah I'm probably best leaving it this time mate. Xmas meet anyone? lol

Edit: In fact Iggu you have Forge intake don't you? And when are you getting milltek fitted? If it's this week I'd like to have a look and listen to your motor if you don't mind!

Are you getting a custom map on your bluefin with the extra mods?

The Milltek won't be this week - they have none in stock so earliest will be late next week I'm told. Downer.

I'll definitely be contacting our friend Jamie at SC once its installed though. I don't want anything too mental due to the posible fuel pump issue but a bit more is always nice !

Let us know next time you're back and hopefully I won't be working, others will be fre and we can meet up then. And let us know how your new SC chip goes !!

The Milltek won't be this week - they have none in stock so earliest will be late next week I'm told. Downer.

I'll definitely be contacting our friend Jamie at SC once its installed though. I don't want anything too mental due to the posible fuel pump issue but a bit more is always nice !

Let us know next time you're back and hopefully I won't be working, others will be fre and we can meet up then. And let us know how your new SC chip goes !!

Ok yeah I'll see it another time.

Bluefin is installing as I write this. Driving from here (Bedford) to my Mum's today so I'll have plenty of chances to try it out, and I'll let you know tonight on the original thread.

Cheers mate.

Leon