Who here is running a bigger turbo setup.. (not hybrid)

badger5

www.badger5.co.uk
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.badger5.co.uk
Hi

I know S3Alex is running a bigger turbo, but is anyone else here also running a bigger turbo, 500+bhp region.
What mods and route did you go down?
Curious as we are building an 8P now for a customer.

thanks

Reactions: S3Alex
Hi

I know S3Alex is running a bigger turbo, but is anyone else here also running a bigger turbo, 500+bhp region.
What mods and route did you go down?
Curious as we are building an 8P now for a customer.

thanks

Hi there.....if you can face it,it's all on my thread,but the guts of it were as follows:

Modified GTX3582 turbo
Syvecs ECU with port injectors
Boulekos inlet manifold
Nortech exhaust manifold
BCS exhaust

And we dispensed with the WMI system thanks to the new ECU.....bonus...I think.

Reactions: S.
Hi there.....if you can face it,it's all on my thread,but the guts of it were as follows:

Modified GTX3582 turbo
Boulekos inlet manifold
Nortech exhaust manifold
BCS exhaust

Everytime I see his car and his build thread...I faint. What a machine! so jelly

Reactions: Kaine19 and S3Alex

Modified GTX3582 turbo
Boulekos inlet manifold
Nortech exhaust manifold
BCS exhaust

dispensed as a good thing? why did you remove it?
I'm building up a couple of tfsi motors currently.. one an 8P.. one a leon racecar for myself.
Billet 3076 being my choice of turbo for these, for as good a torque onset as I can have.. and 500bhp+ also.

dispensed as a good thing? why did you remove it?
I'm building up a couple of tfsi motors currently.. one an 8P.. one a leon racecar for myself.
Billet 3076 being my choice of turbo for these, for as good a torque onset as I can have.. and 500bhp+ also.

Dispensed as being unnecessary once the SYvecs ECU was running things.....the engine was running cooler,and with no knock or fuelling issues(and better margins on fuelling now,as the port injectors are coming in earlier,and the LPFP rail pressure has been upped a bit).

The reason I chose a 3582 initially was just being the biggest I could fit without doing things to the firewall etc,and for this round of mods,we downsized it a bit and chose a few other mods to the turbo,so it starts producing useful boost a bit earlier than before.

It's now doing about 550bhp/540lbs at 1.9bar.

I honestly can't recommend that ECU highly enough.

Reactions: crazylegscrane
Running an APR stage 3 kit with the GTX2867R - had the cages in the turbo upgraded from plastic to metal. Apart from the APR kit it was the usual S2+ mods on mine. The engine is on standard internals and has run about 50k at stage 3 with no issues, used daily for work and gets a blast every now and then.

Power comes in from about 2.5K and once it hits 3k its off and doesn't stop accelerating till you hit 7k. Mine is 450bhp as I understand it you can uprate the low pressure fuel pump and get about 480bhp

Reactions: HHS3, S3Alex and S.
The new Garret G25-550 and 660 look to be perfect turbos for a high power build quick spooling racer.
https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/turbochargers/g-series-g25-550
https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/turbochargers/g-series-g25-660
Garret seem to have taken some of the stuff used on the EFR turbos and produced a new range. Very impressive efficiencies and wide maps on the compressors look good.All available with V band inlets/outlets and internal/ external wastegate options. Turbines rated to 1050 degrees C should be good for a race car.
Still very new so availability is poor and prices look to be high ATM but these look to be very good.
Seems to me the addition of a speed sensor option would make tuning a little easier. A tuner like @badger5 could invest in a speed sensor and gauge and then just swap it in and out of a car that's being tuned.

Last edited:
Reactions: crazylegscrane
The new Garret G25-550 and 660 look to be perfect turbos for a high power build quick spooling racer.
https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/turbochargers/g-series-g25-550
https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/turbochargers/g-series-g25-660
Garret seem to have taken some of the stuff used on the EFR turbos and produced a new range. Very impressive efficiencies and wide maps on the compressors look good.All available with V band inlets/outlets and internal/ external wastegate options. Turbines rated to 1050 degrees C should be good for a race car.
Still very new so availability is poor and prices look to be high ATM but these look to be very good.
Seems to me the addition of a speed sensor option would make tuning a little easier. A tuner like @badger5 could invest in a speed sensor and gauge and then just swap it in and out of a car that's being tuned.

That's actually very nice.....if these had been around a year or so ago I might have looked at one.

Reactions: S.