Who has chipped/remapped their 1.8T and has no other engine mods?

spannah

Reaction score
Who did u go with?
Did you change any engine parts i.e. N75?
What BHP ru on?
Whats ur 0 - 60 time?

Basically i am looking to remap or chip my car, but dunno who to go with and how much i am looking to spend if i need to change any other bits on top.

I have a friend who always uses Superchips but hes never had a golf or audi, jus M3s and Porsches therefore he cant give me any feedback.

Please as much personal preferences as possible as well as experiences, thanks again guys.

Spence

Where are you? My 1.8t is totally standard, just fitted a 007p and having a remap next month. Thinking awesome gti who use apr.

I believe you can just get it remapped without any other parts. I fitted a 007p due to my old DV failing.

M

Hi Mate thanks for getting back to me, i am based in north london.
Awsome GTI, i think ive heard of them but didnt kno they remap, how much are they charging?
You gotta let me know how much more pull there is, i am so badly interested in chipping as i was having a little race the other day with 2 mk4 golfs, i left one of them but i think his car was dyin as it sounded like it and the other was a GTI Anniversary and it went passed me with so much power, from what i know they are either 150 or 180 bhp, but it was seriously quick, and whether it was a 150 it must have been chipped to leave me like that, and or if it was a 180 thats what i want to be on.

Prob 180, I test drove a golf mk4 180 and it was so quick compared to my a3. I am not happy with the power either mate thats why im getting a remap, in standard form they're pretty gutless.

Someone else will have to give feedback as to the results after remap as ive not had one yet! :)

Awsome charge £410 iirc all in. But if you look on ebay there are some companies that do it for £199... more-bhp.co.uk is one of them!

Nah allow Ebay for chipping they will probably give me some wood chipping or something.
Where abouts is Awesome GTI?
Let me know how it goes as well mate.

Cheers

More-bhp are actually one of the 'better' ebay remappers due to the fact that they acually remap and not solder a chip in!!

but anyway awesome are in machester, awesome-gti.co.uk

Excellent site, good price too £375 they also reckon they can get it to around about 190bhp.

A bit far for me to go tho really so will have to give that one a miss.

I got a remap from Upsolute generic remap (Simon Coe, top guy and service). Was only £220 Group Buy

Car: 1.8T yr 2000 AGU engine

had only a Forge DV 007p and a K03s turbo (upgraded from K03)

awesome service and showed very good power changes. Car was so different when remapped. Pulls so much better now.

Estimated 210 bhp for now

Now, I have an uprated clutch and lightened flywheel.

Getting some coilovers soon and a cat back system and FMIC

With a few mods and a K03S, FMIC etc you can see as much as 250 BHP thats proven gains.

My K03 is around the 200 Mark with my other mods, if any-one wants a test-drive in mine feel free :)

I had mine custom mapped at APS in brackley,Oxford.

jASON

spence star why dont you go to big boys toys and get a revo trial remap, its not far from north london. then you can decide if you like the remap or not.

Definatly want a remap jus dunno who to go with either Superchip or Revo, just want as much advice really before i decide

I wouldnt go travelling to manchester though its a long way!

I live just outside london and APS are about 60 miles for me.

Either APS or JBS Get my vote.

Liek i said if you want to try my APS map go ahead its runnign around the 200 mark on a K03 turbo.

Jason

A3_Turbo said:
My K03 is around the 200 Mark with my other mods, if any-one wants a test-drive in mine feel free :)

What other mods do you have?

A3_Turbo said:
I wouldnt go travelling to manchester though its a long way!

I live just outside london and APS are about 60 miles for me.

Either APS or JBS Get my vote.

Liek i said if you want to try my APS map go ahead its runnign around the 200 mark on a K03 turbo.

Jason

Where did you get your APS from?
Whats JBS?
Do you have any websites?

if your just going to map it go revo, the way the boost spikes will make it feel a lot better than std does, dont use super chips, you could go custom map but with no supporting mods the difference will be minimul and it would be more expensive to do, just my thoughts, daz

We are one of the leading UK VAG tuners and we use the Custom-Code software.

We do pretty much everything from services to big turbo conversions and engine conversions, for example our Demo Skoda Octavia vRS was 602bhp and we are building a Lotus Elise with a 1.8 20VT to be producing around 700-800bhp.

Not only that for the people that do not know between Dec 07 and Jan 08 Custom-Code are offering 30% discount on all remaps so for example the 1.8 20VT DBW is usually £446.50 with 30% off £312.55inc VAT

We also offer a free mobile tuning service too :)

Please feel free to give me a call on 01246 455005

Regards
Mike

Thanks for all the feedback guys, very much appreciated. One more thing tho, i have been reading a few posts on here about remaps etc and they alot of them have said its advisable to replace the N75 valve and the diverter valve to a metal one. Does anyone else favour this statement?
Apparantly people that changed these bits to the non standard ones ended up having their car in Limp mode.

I had a N75J valve before and when i got the remap they told me it was not compatible with the remap, so i changed back to standard. as for the recirculating dump valve i changed it to the forge motorsport one

I have a forge 007 and a APS remap and woulf happily recoemend them, brackley 10 mins from jct 10 m40 or 15 mins from Nothampton on the m1

abdus said:
I got a remap from Upsolute generic remap (Simon Coe, top guy and service). Was only £220 Group Buy

Got it done in the end then geez!

Mines wicked now, deffo feel the extra power, just a oo7p on mine.

Only prob I do have is an occasional hesitaton about 2700rpm, but only if ur going steady, if u boot it you never notice it!

Could be just in need set of plugs, which I still must get!

Ok excellent feedback peeps.

Things to change before remap;
*007p OEM DV
*N75 OEM

Although i am still not sure who to go with whether i should go with Revo, who have been highly recommended by the forum or Superchips who has been around for years. Decisions decisions, i think all i have to do now is contact both companies and find out what tables they alter.

Cossie_boy said:
Got it done in the end then geez!

Mines wicked now, deffo feel the extra power, just a oo7p on mine.

Only prob I do have is an occasional hesitaton about 2700rpm, but only if ur going steady, if u boot it you never notice it!

Could be just in need set of plugs, which I still must get!

I don't think it's the plugs...I've changed mine to Denso IK22 and still gtting the same problem randomly.

I think it's the TIP that need changing to a better one that won't collapse when you boot it

Spence-star.

Regards who to use, if you intend just to remap it id say just go to the closet tuner to you. Dont get no dodgy Ebay rubbish we'll coem to you for 150 all in rubbish.

There's a few in and around the oxford area, APS MRC, JBS are a little further.

Just go with the 1 closest to you you wont get any more gains by travelling 200 miles.

And the 007 and N75 arn't nesessary.

Mixed reviews with the N75 id just get the 007P if i were you.

Jason

Trust me i wont do no flebay jobbie dont worry, i aint council. The closest ones to me are Revo which is in Lakeside from a company called Big boys toys and superchip who would come to me.

Did you by the way upgrade your turbo to a bigger one as well as remap your ecu? You must be flying mate? whats the fuel economy like after a remap, apparantly you get more mpg which i somehow dont believe.

I currently get 300+ out of a full tank of unleaded which lasts me about a week or just over a week.

I havnt upgraded my turbo yet but i have all the bits now ready to go on.

I just got 350 Miles out of my tank its Remapped, turbo back miltek, Miltek D/P, Forge 007P, And a BMC CDA with a APS custom remap.

Go for revo mate i wouldnt bother with superchips.

Have fun!

Jason

No way 350mpg after a remap, thats crazy.
So you done the usual stage one, filter and exhaust system and remap.

you only need to read my signature to see what i have, running about 265

mattyboy199 said:
you only need to read my signature to see what i have, running about 265

Why did you do a stage 2 remap? if thats all the engine mods you done?
Samco TIP is that the Turbo Intake pipe?

spence_star said:
Why did you do a stage 2 remap? if thats all the engine mods you done?
Samco TIP is that the Turbo Intake pipe?

jabba list their custom remap as a stage 2 technically its a custom stage 1 remap if you wanna tell jabba otherwise then go for it.

TIP = Turbo intake pipe.