1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who collects on 1st March 14?

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Itguy, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Itguy

Itguy Active Member

Also saw a very tasty RS5 in prism silver crystal effect waiting for 1st too. Forgot to snap a pic but it was a lovely colour.
  2. Toadoftoadhall

Toadoftoadhall Member

My S3 is at my dealers now but I have resisted the urge to go and see it - I am looking forward to the impact it has on me again! I haven't seen an S3 since my two extended test drives in October. Roll on next Monday.
    Snake Pliskin and Itguy like this.
  3. Toadoftoadhall

Toadoftoadhall Member

4. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Not long now.
  5. Itguy

Itguy Active Member

Nope - I prefer the look without but I do carry stuff on the roof occasionally so have got the thule roof bar kit for an A3 without rails.
  6. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

I've got an unused Thule 754 if anyone interested. No roof rails version.
  7. PembsA3

PembsA3 Active Member

Well, it won't b 1st March, but at least it's made it as far as Emden!
  8. RVP20

RVP20 Member

What paperwork have people completed prior to collecting on sat?
  9. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

None... Saw dealer today and being picked up at 0700 Saturday with my debit card. Easy!
  10. Itguy

Itguy Active Member

Pcp, gap, car invoice.
  11. Itguy

Itguy Active Member

Paying deposit on Saturday
  12. Itguy

Itguy Active Member

We should start to get a reasonable idea of the weather for Saturday tomorrow I should think
  13. Toadoftoadhall

Toadoftoadhall Member

I'm with you on that one, preferring the sleeker roof line without rails - although I think we are in the minority!
  14. Dazzaiki

Dazzaiki New Member

Pcp and invoice. Also paid remaining deposit on credit card as cc doesn't count as cleared funds on the day of pick up - hence debit card payment only accepted on day of pick up.
  15. Itguy

Itguy Active Member

Really? I haven't heard this before (credit card cleared funds thing). Have previously bought our golf gti using a credit card, £7k no problem.

I'll double check with my dealer tomorrow
  16. Dazzaiki

Dazzaiki New Member

Worth checking Just in case. It could be that they think I am totally untrustworthy or it could be a local policy with Sytner who I am buying from!
  17. RVP20

RVP20 Member

So people are signing the PCP before collection and paying the deposit I guess so a smooth handover is guaranteed plus signing te vehicle registration document for road tax too
  18. Itguy

Itguy Active Member

Mine is sytner too - derby audi...
  19. Dazzaiki

Dazzaiki New Member

Must admiti got the idea from other posts on this forum. Killed 2 birds with one stone really as it was an excuse to vsee my new car and it will save time on Saturday, when all I will want to do is drive off into the sunset (well, probably an M4 traffic jam!) ASAP.
  20. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Active Member

done everything up front. don't see the point of leaving until the last minute as the salesman will be busy sorting finance out, etc for others. I want to spend as long as poss on Saturday checking the car and that the key things work. for me the main things will be the auto stuff as this is my first auto car and hold assist....and ill check the car thoroughly for defects like paint before I sign its ok
    Done
    10% deposit paid on 18th oct
    remaining deposit paid 2 weeks ago - as bought loads more options after 18th oct, lol
    free insurance done from 1st mar
    own insurance done from 8th mar - M&S-axa (they do new for old in 1st year)
    audi ensurance signed up
    have a Three sim

To do this week
    gap insurance will be done in next day or so - will use ala, gap123 / directgap - defo not audi at their prices
    sd cards to buy
    check re detailer - colleague uses a friend who is a pro detailer so may enquire
    check what else I need to do this week!!
    h5djr likes this.
  21. royalsteve68

so which dealer are you using?
  22. royalsteve68

same here sytner reading
  23. royalsteve68

yes, I would strongly suggest using a debit card as they might not let you drive it off if using a cc. if using a cc, I would pay asap before Saturday. check with your dealer though
  24. Dan_G

Dan_G Active Member

Money sent today, will check it's been received tomorrow - but all on track for 4 days time!!! :)
  25. ahfh1

ahfh1 Member

I might be sounding a bit cautious, but should I be checking the paintwork/bodywork before paying the remainder of the deposit?

Some of you guys seem to have paid the remaining deposit in advance, so just wondering whether I should to ensure a quicker handover?
  26. veeeight

veeeight Well-Known Member

Every inch, every panel. With a very bright LED torch :)

If you're using your debit card, everything should be OK. Unless Natwhack has one of its online meltdowns again.
  27. Dazzaiki

Dazzaiki New Member

West London Audi - first new car bought from them so no previous experience of buying before, hence why i'm glad i found this forum.
  28. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member

Prior to the S5 I had ALWAYS gone and seen my cars at the Dealers prior to delivery.
    So pleased I did not with the 5 as the impact was huge, more so as it was revealed from under a cover too in a private hand over bay.
    The anticipation and expectation levels are so much higher mate when you have not seen the car.
    You are so close now so resist the urge and take it all in on collection day.

[​IMG]
  29. andy203

andy203 181 BHP

Well not long for you guy's and girls to wait now, down to counting the days and hours, your lucky but sure it's seemed an age. Well I am still counting down the weeks and days. It can not come soon enough...
  30. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Getting a bit late now for 1 March but Neckar Highway has just left Emden bound for GRIMSBY - ETA 11:00 26/2.

I think that will be my last shipping information. If you still have a car on order and want to know what ships are leaving EMDEN, when and for which UK port have a look at: Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions - AIS Marine Traffic and look at Ports - Emden and you can see which ships are leaving when and also which ports they are going to. If you register, which is free, you can add up to 9 ships to 'My Fleet' and you will automatically get an email when any of your 9 ships arrives or departs from a port.

The ships with HIGHWAY in their name are the normal ones for GRIMSBY, the VIKING CONSTANZ has been coming into SHEERNESS and the City of Paris, Rome and Sunderland and Planet Ace have been going into TYNE. Any problems send me a PM.
  31. sman

sman New Member

Had a bit of spare time today so popped in to the dealers and paid for the car, salesman was free so checked over car and went through all the controls and settings. Just pop in and pick the car up on sat at 9-30am.
    PilotAudi likes this.
  32. Terry simons

Terry simons New Member

Dealer just rang me tell me my car has arrived - arranged pick up on Friday 7 March - going in tomorrow to have a look
  33. lloydie1994

lloydie1994 Member

Had the call from the dealer today all booked in too pick up next tuesday at 2pm, got my reg today as well going up friday to sign all the paperwork. To add to what dave said the elbe highway arrived in sheerness today.
  34. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Well spotted. The ships are still coming in thick and fast. If your car is not here I'm sure it soon will be.
  35. rajeevx5

rajeevx5 New Member

was your car build week 8? I havent recieved any news from my dealer and my car was build week 8. Has your car arrived?
  36. lloydie1994

lloydie1994 Member

my car was indeed build week 8, its due to arrive at the dealership on friday, was told its sitting at sheerness atm
  37. rajeevx5

rajeevx5 New Member

I hope to be as lucky as you!i ll be giving my dealer a ring tomorrow to see the status of my car (hope its the same status as yours!). Its amazing how build week 8 was only last week and the car is already here! Im pretty excited for this car as its my second car (coming from a 1.2 polo haha) Where is your dealer?
  38. lloydie1994

lloydie1994 Member

haha indeed this is my third car but my first brand new, i bought from plymouth audi
    rajeevx5 likes this.
  39. titleist007

titleist007 Member

Mine was build week 7 and I've heard nothing. It was still in Germany on Thursday!! Dealer assures me he will ring me the minute it arrives in this country, so it obviously doesn't look good for me!! Gutted as I'm away on the 4th, so couldn't pick it up till 11th if not here by then!
    Anarch and rajeevx5 like this.
  40. rajeevx5

rajeevx5 New Member

Hopefully it has arrived now! It probably has arrived in the UK since build week 8 cars are arriving!