'Whiter' number plate bulbs

david7m

Reaction score
Hi
Anyone know the fitment or got an eBay link to more modern white bulbs for number plate?
Dave

Pretty sure they are 39mm festoons. Check whether you need error free LEDs otherwise you will trigger EML !!

while your there do the interior lights aswel, 42mm festoon, 2x 501, 2x T5 LEDs looks great and really cheap !!

PM

View Profile: t8ups - Audi-Sport.net

He'll can sort you out some super white LED's - I've just got a full LED kit for my car off him and no issues here with the kit. You can obviously buy the number plate bulbs on there own if you don't want the full kit

Went for the four pack, used them for number plate and large interior light. It's made the map lights, ones in the back and puddle ones look pap though.

What size/model do I need for those?

Dave

No sure about the puddle lights, but map=501's and rear are t5. Tbh the rears are supposed to be a pain to change. I just turned them off ;))

I'm pretty sure mine are Ring 239 led's on the rear (Been on 2 years so maybe 264s) and they don't have a bulb warning built into the number plate wiring so any will be fine.

The Trups kit is great.I got the numberplate bulbs, sidelights and front fog bulbs and the colour match to the xenons is spot on..Il get some pics up shortly.(All bar the sidelights as they are to do in next day or two)

These are the ones from Trups. Much improved over standard.
BeforeAfterAll lightsPlates1Plates2
The plates bulbs just need the angle adjusting to cover the darker patch in middle but you get the idea..