White Stage 2+ S3

Trunkstuff

Reaction score
Alright guys

Recently moved to an S3, nothing was wrong with my old car I loved it, but needed 5 doors and really wanted 4WD.

Old Car:

10261055_1423838314548390_1990832774_n.jpg

Stage 2 Edition 30 DSG. 330bhp mapped by R-tech.

Traded it in for the S3:
5SxW7nj.jpg

10963924_638234396310290_1018292386_n.jpg

Came to me with a fair few issues, but got it at a decent price and saw its potential. It came with Stage 2 + from Revo but was running terrible, felt dog slow and worse than standard. Took it to a Revo dealer which saw it was running very high timing due to an engine rebuild it had. Put the standard map back on and booked it in at R-tech.
Had a fair amount of engine work done cleaning bit up and putting parts back to standard (PCV,Diverter Valve). Then replaced the existing induction kit with an ITG one, had one on my golf and its such an awesome bit of kit. The wheels were stuck on the car had to have the bolts drilled out and replaced..

Got back from R-tech with a completely different car, felt amazing to drive. Didn't go too mad because of the underlying timing issues but made a healthy 350bhp 365 Torque, Really happy with it :)

11043400_10152543201266910_2650743403641743055_o.jpg

Finally feel like I'm happy with the car, the 4wd is amazing gets traction no matter the conditions. Just will be looking to change the wheels eventually.

List of Mods are:

KW V3 Coilovers
Uprated Bushes
Full 100 cell Miltek Exhaust
Pro Alloy Intercooler
ITG Induction Kit
Sach Dualmass Clutch
AutoTech Fuel Pump
R-tech Custom Map
Bucket Seats

Thanks for reading :)

Reactions: S3 AEX, S3_Sanni, S. and 4 others
Nice car mate, congratulations. One of my friends use to have an Edition 30, it had a stage 1 map on it and I remember how hard it use to pull.

What are the "underlying timing issues" and how will you get them sorted?

Glad you'd like to change wheels at some point, I'm not a fan of those.

Nice motor!

Yeah the TFSI engines are so fast with abit of tuning :)

It had a full engine rebuild with a head skim, this means the compression is different so standard or revo map would causing timing to be way out. Only way to sort it would be to get a custom map, R-tech did an amazing job as usual!

Yeah will go for some standard audi ones are some point these ones are abit too love or hate it.

Yeah the TFSI engines are so fast with abit of tuning :)

It had a full engine rebuild with a head skim, this means the compression is different so standard or revo map would causing timing to be way out. Only way to sort it would be to get a custom map, R-tech did an amazing job as usual!

Yeah will go for some standard audi ones are some point these ones are abit too love or hate it.

Good to hear you had the mapping sorted properly.

A head skim shouldn't raise the CR by much,but as I've found,one of the problems with anything other than custom mapping is the relative intolerance to changes in hardware spec.

You'll enjoy the car for sure,but you know it's a long slippery slope.....

Not sure who Toby is but that name is on the log book, the old plate was T9BYS.

Yeah, must be his, from Tonbridge Audi. It was well looked after. With some nice mods. I've got no idea why the engine popped but these things happen.

Nice car, I can imagine how happy you are! Can you please tell me the manufacturer of your alloys?

Nice car, I can imagine how happy you are! Can you please tell me the manufacturer of your alloys?

They are OZ racing Alleggerita wheels,7.5Jx18in.

I'm looking to swap them if you are interested :)

Ok thx for the info! No it's ok, I'm happy with my new 19" OZ ultraleggeras ;-)

Good to hear you had the mapping sorted properly.

A head skim shouldn't raise the CR by much,but as I've found,one of the problems with anything other than custom mapping is the relative intolerance to changes in hardware spec.

You'll enjoy the car for sure,but you know it's a long slippery slope.....
It's not if you don't read Alex's big build thread ;) but do have a a look at it

Reactions: S3Alex
Love the seats and the black grill.
Enjoy!

Nice motor mate! Sportback's are stunning :) Enjoy!

Sourced some standard s3 wheels as I prefer the smart look the bring :)

11022802_903441293027505_199994743_n.jpg

10665939_1609746405936504_1530991531_n.jpg

Reactions: Mario8P
Really lovely car mate! Does that mean you're selling the OZ's? They are nice indeed! How much did you source the standard wheels for? Thought about putting some on my pre-facelift.

Really lovely car mate! Does that mean you're selling the OZ's? They are nice indeed! How much did you source the standard wheels for? Thought about putting some on my pre-facelift.
Yeah already sold them pending payment :) I got them for 400 delivered without tyres, pretty reasonable I think they are in really good condition :)

That's pretty good is that dude! I'm in two minds about wheels, whether I stay OEM or get something more interesting!

That's pretty good is that dude! I'm in two minds about wheels, whether I stay OEM or get something more interesting!
Yeah I know how you feel, I wanted the OEM for a smarter more grown up look. Cars look really nice with scene or race wheels but just not fit for my purpose :)

Sourced some standard s3 wheels as I prefer the smart look the bring :)

Hoorah! Maybe im showing my age but I see so many cars ruined with hideous after market wheels (like the ones you had) these look great with the lower height, looks lovely, your efforts have paid off top job!