White smoke under bonnet and exhaust A3

Tsta2

Reaction score
I bought an A3 1.9TDI 59plate manual about 3 weeks ago but, when test driving the car, there was slight white smoke coming fromthe exhaust (put this down to lady/previous owner not having drivin it for about 3 weeks as she had a new car and was fine on motorway). Yesterday when driving (had it serviced 3 days ago) I noticed white smoke from under the bonnet, opened bonnet, and white smoke with a burning smell was coming from behind the engine area but hard to locate where (pictures attached). Now when driving a lot of white smoke is exiting exhaust pipe and sometimes there is white smoke from behind the engine area. Could it be too much engine oil put in by person servicing the car? Could it be DPF filter messing up? Engine cap seems fine no debris in there and coolant level is the same with no contaminationso can't be coolant leak. slightly baffled.

Attachments

• IMG_7143.JPG
    IMG_7143.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_7144.PNG
    IMG_7144.PNG
    677.3 KB · Views: 241
Did you find out what the problem was? My Audi smoking from that exact area also and my mechanic doesn’t seem to know what’s wrong, I’ve already paid him over £200 and got no where help?