1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White or silver

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by turkonboard, Jul 9, 2012.

1. turkonboard

turkonboard New Member

I have a silver b6 convertible with a black roof... A friend of mine has started his own business where he wraps cars, he gave me a good quote on wrapping my car white, if my car was silver with black roof sport alloys would it sell for more or if I had it wrapped white and put the 18" s line alloys on in black would that sell for more? It just made me think because I see more and more white cars now... Btw if I sell the Audi it's an Audi again I shall be getting hehe thanks

2. JasonS

JasonS Member
    VCDS Map User

There are 13 for sale on Autotrader in white at the moment, a couple have black wheels.
    They don't appear to be priced much higher than I'd expect..

I'd say age, condition, mileage and service history will have a bigger effect on the price than the colour and wheels.

I looked at a silver A4 Cab with red roof and red leather when I was looking for mine, but it was clear that the owner hadn't really looked after it, so I passed.

3. VagCabby

VagCabby Active Member

I personally think it will decrease the value of the car having it wrapped, yes it will make the car look fresh but if i was buying a car id stay clear of one that has been wrapped as you have no idea what the condition of the body is underneath the vinyl. I do Vinyl wraps as a bit of side work and id say if your keeping the car for yourself then yeah get it wrapped in the colour you want but if your doing it to sell then i think you have alot of people put off by it. A standerd car will almost always sell better than one the has had mods done to it as mods arnt to everyones taste. Your find alot of people who modify their car will put it back to standerd when selling up. Hope this helps :)

4. saxonblue

saxonblue Member

yep i agree with all the above
    i sold a bike that was wraped, i got £150 less coz of it, just coz the bloke had no clue as to what it was like underneth.

5. turkonboard

turkonboard New Member

Thanks guys!!! What I was thinking is I'm going on a road trip to turkey and wanted it white because it looks flashy ;) but when I got back I wanted to sell it but now you have said that I have changed my mind BUT! I I had the bonnet wrapped black hehe would that be the same?

6. saxonblue

saxonblue Member

duno mat, at lease with the bonet only you could say its a styling thing, not trying to cover somthing up.. is it still oem coloure underneath?

7. turkonboard

turkonboard New Member

What you mean by oem colour?