1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whistle from passenger side

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by potter, Aug 20, 2007.

1. potter

potter Member

Just been out for a quick blast in the s3 only been the 6 miles to work and back latley, so went for a drive to get it nicely warmed and and give it a good thrashing got to say it was flying along and i was loving it. anyway dont normally go much over 80mph day to day but lets just say i was going a little faster and there was a loud whistle coming from the passenger side thought it might be the wing mirror has anyway else experienced this at all.

p.s. followed a car transporter full of beemers and there was 3 brand new m3s on it (414bhp v8) what i would do for one of them, got to say didnt stand out like the e46 does though.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. jonS3

jonS3 Member

I had a whistle but it came from the bottomw of the screen and it ended up being the plastic scuttle under the wipers.... not sure if this helps?

4. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

i get a whistle inside mine when i turn the air con totally off and go above 80, the force of the air comming in gets around the flaps somewhere and whistles! i thought it was door seals for ages

5. monkeytrousers

May sound daft but have you checked the window is fully up?! I had a whistling above about 50mph a while ago, turned out the window was down by 0.5mm hence the whistle at speed. It was quite loud, like someone blowing a whistle.

6. potter

potter Member

1st thing i checked was windows. did u stop the noise from scuttle under wipers or is this just wot they do. cheers for the advise