1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whirring noise when engaging clutch on 2.0t

Ryan_Hol Mar 6, 2013

1. Ryan_Hol

Ryan_Hol Member

just looking for a bit of advice really, recently noticed under hard acceleration when i engage the clutch there is a noise, like a whirring, on my 2.0t, wondering if anyone of you have had or having the same problem and what it could be, thanks in advance

2. smokeymike

smokeymike Active Member Team Mythos SQ5 owners group

Hi

I have a 2.0T 220 B7 Avant and have experienced the same noise but, as you say, only under really hard acceleration and mainly when I release the clutch pedal quickly. The car is now nearly 7 years old and has done 60,000 miles without any clutch issues so personally I wouldn't be worried. If it doesn't do it under gentle acceleration and the gear selection is smoothish (my gearbox is always a little notchy until it's really warm) then I would live with it.

You could always have it checked but I would suggest using an independent garage and not an Audi dealer. I use Autotechnica in Hull and they are brilliant.

Hope this helps.

3. Chr1sch

Chr1sch Member

Yep my 2.0T does this too - i was told it was most likely actually the alternator bearings?!

4. sewell10

sewell10 Member

Possible main shaft bearing