Whine/buzz from rear speakers

doublem_1

Reaction score
I have a 2002 A3 which I have recently bought. When the stereo is on (alpine), the rear two speakers emit a rather loud (unless you turn up the music) humming/buzzing sound, bit like an electric guitar amp kind of noise. Its really bugging me. Has anyone else had this problem? There is a factory fitted sub in the boot but its definatly not that. And it has a nokia bluetooth hands free kit installed, but I took out the speaker and mic, just need to find the rest of it so I remove it altogether.

Yes common problem when using the wrong interface adapter installing the HU.
Pull the HU remove the piece of junk connected to the rear speakers and install a PC9-404 RCA adapter, hook this up to the rear pre-outs of the Alpine.
The buzzing/interference is caused by the hi-lo converter, which takes the already amped 2 x 50w+ signal from the Alpine rear speaker output and takes it down to pre-out level that can is then fed to the puny rear amp, which then amps it again back up to a staggering 2 x 20w. The device is hopeless and causes all sorts of hiss and buzz.
You need to swap it for this:
Autoleads PC9-404 - Audi ISO Lead/Harness PC9-404 by Autoleads - Low Cost Car Audio secure online shop secure online shop

Thank you so so much!! I shall order one of these and swap them over. Your a life saver!!