Fuel consumption (extra urban) 43.5 mpg
Fuel consumption (combined) 34.4 mpg
0 - 62 mph 6.6 seconds
Top speed 155 mph
Cylinders 6
Valves 24 v
Engine power 272 bhp
Engine torque 413.1 lbs/ft

having read alot of reviews the BMW overall is better on ride, engine etc.
obviously the 535d engine has loads more power and also returns good mpg.

advantage of audi is quattro.

thoughts?

i know this is an audi forum, but open to all thoughts

All I will say is

Think about the snow!!!!!!!!!

All my colleagues with BM's left them on the drive for most of last winter.

It's not all about power, it's about usable power.

A friend of mine has an M5 and parks it up for the winter and drives his Range Rover.

what about trim level comparison and also boot space then there is insurance servicing and repair costs...... but basically its the one you drive and feel happier in. i was after an a4 lol but after driving a few when i drove my a6 i knew it was the one.,

I would go for the A6, but then I am only an hours drive away from Glenshee, where I hope to ski all winter again, so the quattro would be the reason. Would love the BMW, but only if I had a quattro for back-up winter duties.

what about trim level comparison and also boot space then there is insurance servicing and repair costs...... but basically its the one you drive and feel happier in. i was after an a4 lol but after driving a few when i drove my a6 i knew it was the one.,

Yeah, would like to know those too, but then would consider 530d. Quattro is a nice to have, but obviously hits mpg a bit. Also how often do we get snow in the south west?

I sold my 535m sport last year , and got myself a new A6 diesal quattro much better car in every way >>>>>BUT with less power,

Audi with the Quattro all day long......only due to having a 530d this winter being unable to get off the drive for almost 3 weeks. Less power I know, but unless you have access to a second car for the snow?

Love the Beama but nope A6 all the way. The 535d is the better engine all round but in Winter, lock him up in the garage til Spring!!!

having a BMW is a good excuse to Not get into work...Hur*Hum* lol i like the newer beemers but its the lack of interior style that just lets them down over the Audi....My choice though i think i would go for the 535d :p