1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Workshop Manual (Allroad 2.5 Tdi)

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by Mudplugger, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Mudplugger

Mudplugger Member

Further to my post a few weeks ago seeking buying advice - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?90839-What-year-of-Allroad-to-buy - I am now the proud and happy owner of an Audi Allroad :) It's a 2003 model, with BAU coded 2.5 Tdi motor and tiptronic 'box (I was really after a manual but that's another story). It's well spec'd too, with cruise control, reverse parking sensors, (RNS-D) Nav Plus system, rear tints etc. ...and - a major result - even my wife likes it!

Apart from a few minor niggles (broken interior trim and a paint scratch) it's great, the only real problem being that it now says "500 miles to next service". I plan on looking after the car myself, and will no doubt soon buy a VAG-COM, but I'd like to start by getting a good quality workshop manual.

I dropped into Halfords yesterday to pick up a Haynes manual and it seems that they don't do one for the A6, and even the A4 manual specifically excludes the 6 cylinder diesel, so there's no point buying that!

Does Audi do a proper workshop manual, intended for the main-dealer mechanics, and if so is it any good and can I buy a copy? Alternatively, what after-market manuals do you recommend?
  2. kid-jensen

kid-jensen New Member

Hi,
    Haynes don't publish a Manual that covers the C5 Platform of the Allroad, which is a shame because they offer good basic mechanical information.

A Bently manual exists (for a price) but doesn't cover the Diesel. The Bently Manual I bought for my old Mercedes was next-to-useless anyway...

The only option apart from convncing Audi you are a dealer is to get an Ebay Cd/DVD copy of the Electronic Manual. Most of these are illegal copies, so your concience may be trouibled.

Personally, I find that the most useless paper manual is easier to use than any electronic based system, but times move on and we're stuck with it.
  3. Mudplugger

Mudplugger Member

Thanks, I've now found the printed Bentley workshop manual for the Audi A6 on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...mp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=0837614996

...but it's not cheap at £55.86!

I've also found this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...mp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=0837612578

...which I assume is the electronic manual you are referring to? Again, not cheap at £99.05. However, there seems to be a plentiful supply of copies of dubious legality on eBay for far less than that!

Like you though, I prefer something printed so I can have it next to me while I work, so I'll probably shell out £50 and buy the printed version from Amazon. Putting it in perspective, that's less than the price of even one hour's labour at the dealer!

Thanks.