1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which wheels

clcollins Nov 29, 2005

?

Audi S3 mirrors

1. Refurb

0.0%
  2. Nuvolari

0.0%
  3. V6 TT's

0.0%
  1. clcollins

clcollins Member

OK people, my wheels (OEM 18” RS TT’S) are in a right old mess and all of the tyres need replacing, so a good time to get them refurbished. This is proving to be more difficult than I would have imagined, the main reason being that I can’t find a set of wheels, at a fair price, to run on whilst mine are being worked upon.

And then there’s this consider:
    Cheap set of 2nd hand wheels = £150
    Refurbishment = £240
    Tyres = £440
    Tyre fitting, balancing etc (say) = £25
    That’s a shocking = £855 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

That makes buying a new set of wheels feasible, so what would you choose between these options:

Option 1 – refurbish existing @ £855

Option 2 – buy Nuvolari style wheels @ £790

Option 3 – buy OEM V6 TT wheels @ £900

2. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

What about getting some replicas with tyres for about £650 and selling off your originals for £200, offsetting the cost?

Just a thought..

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Yes, the best solution when the tyre are near the wear markers is ti sell your old alloys on ebay, and buy a new set with new tyres. My Passat is on it's 4th set of alloys, and I have done what I suggested above everytime, which also allows me to change the style of alloys each time! and save me money in the long run.

4. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    What about getting some replicas with tyres for about £650 and selling off your originals for £200, offsetting the cost?

Just a thought..

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea...

you can sell them to me if you want! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. Anito

Anito Member

The Nuvolari's are very nice but a bit In-yer-face for my liking. I ordered some for my A4 but sent them back and put RS6's. They would probably suit a more agressive looking car.

Like the guys say, sell the old one's on e-bay and buy what you want, new wheels and tyre packages are cheap enough now

6. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

Seems sense to buy a new set of wheels, have you thought about some of the new RS4 replicas as another alternative?

7. s3bow

s3bow Member

£855 to do your wheels. I paid £945 for 19" 007s with Dunlops and sold my 18s with shot tyres for £300.

Chris.

8. madvw

madvw Active Member

I'd ebay the old ones and buy new.

Only 'cos I'd be bidding on them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. clcollins

clcollins Member

Yep, the new whhels and tyres option looks to be the most sensible, think I'm going to get the OEM V6TT ones, RSTT's/RS4's are everywhere.

Cheers everyone for your input,