Which wheels on my S4

• Keep wheels as they are

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Swap em over it looks better!

Votes: 20 80.0%

• Total voters

doeboy

Reaction score
I'm thinking of swapping my RS4 Black wheels (225's) onto Red my S4. The s4 will be lowered to roughly the same height as the green 2.8Q

RS4 18's no curbing.

The B6 s4 wheels are 17's but 235's

I’m really undecided; black does go with red but....

Poll time. Any other input appreciated!

carsell034.jpg

bab9_3.jpg

I was thinking about the RS4's with a black carbon fibre bonnet or not. Adding the Rs4's means i have that extra inch for big brakes if i want to upgrade at a later date. And ofcourse they're mint condition having only been referbished only 5 months ago.

Swap em over definately. What the worst that can happen, you decide you don't like them and have to swap them back. Just do it! :icon_thumright:

did'nt know you had got an s4 now, well done! i think those black rs4 ones will look ok on it but i,d of maybe gone for a more gunmetal grey colour. either way at least you wont have to clean them everyday:thumbsup:

i sold the 2.8q in march and have been waiting for my injury compensation ever since but it was sorted 2wks ago, bought myself a B6 S4 and im back now! hope your enjoying the twin turbos after the having the 2.8. everyone always said it was the way to go. it looks nice, and im sure it will look even better once its nicly modded!

After driving the S4 i realised how the 2.8Q was so....detached when driving. Explains my 18mpg, must have been driving for the feeling. Since i've been driving the S4 i've slowed down on the basis, i could feel the engine in all gears at all RMP. I'm not 100% sure if thats the 2.8 engine or the Tiptronic Box. In any case when driving the 2.8 hard, THEN i could feel when i came off the throttle but not on a gentle drive. With my 2.8 there was 1-2 inches of play in the pedal where nothing would happen, and when it did it dropped down a gear! maybe that's what people mean when they say your granny could drive it. Indeed my wife does. But still i feel more in control with the S4.

Yes, the Twins mean great modding potential! although if i want 400bhp+ i'd need to spend as much as B6 S4.... well almost.

Incidentally what was your injury? was it RPM - Wrists per minute? (almost an acronym)

doeboy said:
After driving the S4 i realised how the 2.8Q was so....detached when driving.

Incidentally what was your injury? was it RPM - Wrists per minute? (almost an acronym)

i agree, the 2.8 was a bit detatched to drive and i think the tiptronic box was partly to blame for the lack of engine feedback. it was not a bad car at all - just not really made for going fast!

I broke my pelvis and injured my back from some old bloke who pulled out on me while i was going down a dual carrigeway. i was in my old v8 landrover but had no seat belt on (idiot!) and was thrown across the road via the door he ripped off after hitting me in the pass side. not nice! been waiting 3 1/2 yrs for the compensation to get sorted.

Thats a hell of an injury. No eyebrows raised about you not wearing a belt or was that omitted from the claim? You know what plod are like too.