which wax?

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
dolphin grey mattalic,

ive tried nattys blue paste wax........good shine....long lasting and eay to apply/buff off.

is there any that are cheaper and as good ?,i do wax every 4 weeks,or am i better staying with nattys?.

what about this: Autosmart Carnauba Gold ????????
megs#16......(a lot dearer)

For the coming winter month's try Collinnite 476s which is about £15-£16 which is a good value or Collinite 915 £25 which again is a good all round wax for all year use

Doesn't get much cheaper than nattys mate, not unless you fancy all your hard work being washed away in the next downpour!

LOL......thort so....i was told by a few to get autosmart canuba gold or meguiars cleaner paste wax it just as good,maybe they are but last about a day lol. i may try megs#16.......
Doesn't get much cheaper than nattys mate, not unless you fancy all your hard work being washed away in the next downpour!

LOL......thort so....i was told by a few to get autosmart canuba gold or meguiars cleaner paste wax it just as good,maybe they are but last about a day lol. i may try megs#16.......

In fairness I haven't tried the other waxes you mentioned but I have nattys blue paste and also a premium £50+ wax and I still enjoy the merits of nattys blue. Like most things in this world I guess you have to speak as you find :)

** I aslo want to try Dodo Juice Hybrid Sealant Wax as I dont often have time to apply 2x sealant and 2 x wax coats and I have heard that the durability of this product is pretty good.

auto smart stuff is good but natty's wins i think i use dodo juice supernatural hybrid on mine durability is good but its a little bit harder to buff off than normal supernatural , dodo juice is good value for money but if your happy with natty's stick with that

Which ever wax you chose for the coming winter months you will find that applying and buffing the wax will be slightly harder if waxing the car outside

ive got a great shine on the car.i clayed it then waxed it a while back,since then(6 months ago) ive been waxing it with nattys blue every 3 weeks.......is it ok to carry on like this or is it wise to get some autoglym polish on it,then wax it after?.........when should i use the polish?

polish is for getting the initial shine and removing marring/oxidization etc. if your paint is defect free just top the wax up. every 3 weeks seems a bit excessive but i've never used nattys TBH so cant comment on durability. Finish Kare FK1000 is great for looks, durability and ease of use. the tin is also frikin massive and will last an age!

Iv moved over to sealants only now and an occasional wax with dodo juice. I have megs 16 and i also find it quite difficult to buff off even by using it sparingly.

ive got a great shine on the car.i clayed it then waxed it a while back,since then(6 months ago) ive been waxing it with nattys blue every 3 weeks.......is it ok to carry on like this or is it wise to get some autoglym polish on it,then wax it after?.........when should i use the polish?

You don't want to hit your car with to many applications of wax.. Polishing on top of Wax is a NO , wait untill the sping and remove/strip the wax layers and than polish your car..

why dont i want to wax to much?
You don't want to hit your car with to many applications of wax.. Polishing on top of Wax is a NO , wait untill the sping and remove/strip the wax layers and than polish your car..

why dont i want to wax to much?

If you apply it carefully, there is, in theory, no reason why you couldn't wax your car every day.

It would be pointless though as the wax will contain some solvents and you will partially remove some of the previous layers; you'd also reach the stage where you'd see no benefit so all you'd be doing is chucking product away really!

I tend to go with 2 coats of wax at most to ensure even coverage and I'd never really advise more than 3 at the absolute maximum.

i use werkstat acrylic prime followed by acrylic jet trigger on my dolphin grey a4, so easy to do just like using a quick detailer after a wash, ive got 5 coats on mine up to now

deanski, I'm with you sealants seem a far better way forward, i'm loving the FK1000p, I put 2 coats on my a4 back in april, its still as good as the day i put it on, the durability is awesome and that tin will last like 25 years. I also use fk1000p on my exhaust tips cos its temp rating is so good, also put it on my alloys to.

DSCF0065.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

both cars have polish then fk1000p