1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which wax.......or polish ?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by vw754, Oct 7, 2010.

1. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

which one should i buy..... (AUTOSMART) PLATINUM /MIRROR/or CHERRY GLAZE ?
    are the above wax's or polish....i understand wax is what i need ?

I polish regular using autoglym resin polish once a month..cars a 'dolphin mettalic grey' colour,nice and shiny but i want try somthing better....the supplier says he can supply me cherry glaze 5 litre for £20.00 i dont really want spend anymore than that,i thought id ask you guys what i should be buying,paints clean and shiny (maybe 1 or 2 very small surface scratches..nothing in ya face lol)
  2. S4twiggy

S4twiggy Fully Certified Detailer!!

get yourself some collinite 915 for a wax mate, really hard wearing for the winter months. as for a polish any well known one will bring it up well. i would say get yourself some Poorboys Black Hole as this is excellent for dark coloured cars mate, it is a glaze and adds gloss to any dark car.
  3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

As above, Colli 915 or their 476s auto wax is A) durable b) easy to use and most importantly, C) cheap!! :)

Very limited knowledge with the AS range of polishes.. I have some Patinum as I brought it for the "quick hand polish" jobs. These are yet to come through as I try to concentrate more on the full machine correction jobs etc. Lusso Revitalizing Creme might be a worthwhile contender...
  4. vw754

Which wax would you guys recommend for under a tenner?

Any comments on the autosmart stuff i mentioned?
  5. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

Under a tenner!?

Collinite 476s coming in around £14 you're not going to get much better than that I am afraid.
  6. tdia4

tdia4 TDIPOWARRR

Autosmart stuff is ok, the mirror image is very similar to autoglym SRP just not quite as good, cherry glaze gives a good wet look shine but doesnt last long at all, if you have already got mirror image i would hit it with that then get a decent wax over it, as said 476 is a real hard wearing wax, don't over look meguairs #16 though, can get it for around £11 and it leaves such a nice finish, prefur it over more expensive wax's i've used.
  7. vw754

.....which would you say....meguairs or 476s which last long and give a nice wet look??
  8. tdia4

tdia4 TDIPOWARRR

IMO 476 does last longer, theres not much on the market that will rival it for durability for the price, i do think meguairs#16 looks better though, leaves such a glossy finish and my car is silver and i get amazeing reflections and a wet look finish, build up a few coats of it and it will last a fair while.
  9. missviper

missviper Member

Just used meguairs 3 step system
    hardwork cause it's 3 coats but well recommended
    Got all 3 0n the net for about £21
  10. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

Poor boys Nattys paste, excellent, long lasting wax.
  11. vw754

im so very close on hitting the buy it now on e-bay for 476s then saying that a minute ago i nearly bought the meg#16 ive read somwhere the 476 is for light colours?????? which one will i be better with on my dolphin mettalic grey ? ive read collinite will last longer than megs for protection.... im so close to buying !.........dolphin mett grey.......more wet look shine /protection which suits that colour?
  12. vw754

bought the poorboys nattys......good stuff!