1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which VAG COM will work?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by bobby_southward, Aug 6, 2009.

1. bobby_southward

bobby_southward Member

[Aug 6, 2009]
    I am looking to purchace a vag-com lead and software for my 2000 S3, but which version do i need to get? i have seen versions from 409.1 to 805.1. could any one help to tell me which one would be compatable with my car, its the 210bhp model.
    thanks all.
  2. IIIadidasboy

IIIadidasboy Member

[Aug 6, 2009]
    The version numbers you're quoting relate to the software revisions.

Have a look on the Ross Tech site for a breakdown of what lead you need, or ask the question in the VAG-COM section. You need to also consider what sort of laptop are you going to use - have you got USB or serial ports available?
  3. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Aug 7, 2009]
    Bobby, send a private message to NHN, he can get genuine leads and will be able to guide you to exactly what you want.
  4. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member Regional Rep

[Aug 7, 2009]
    I am looking to get the full version with the cambus lead too as the owner of my lock up has a few 05 onward VAG cars and saw me using vag com on my car and asked if i could get it for his too.
  5. bobby_southward

bobby_southward Member

[Aug 13, 2009]
    Thanks guys, not been on for a while, nilz18t i'll pm NHN to see what he thinks would be the best set-up, i's only for personal use on my s3 to do basic diag on it. had the carsoft for my bmw and it saved me a small fortune in the long run. thanks again fella's :thumbsup: