1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Vag.Com Reader

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Wingnut Express, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Wingnut Express

Wingnut Express Audi sponsored by Mastercard

[Apr 5, 2008]
    Like must 1.8T drivers I'm finding it difficult to get my S3 down to the garage and get it on to the diagnostics reader without having to cough up each time. So could anyone please recommend a decent bit of kit or let me know if this one on Ebay is any good? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-VW-Skoda-Code-Reader-Scanner-Tool-VAG-5053-VAS-COM_W0QQitemZ290218829455QQihZ019QQcategoryZ30921QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am also watching the Toshiba laptop that one of the member has on ebay.
    Cheers :thrashi:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. Tastyterrier

Tastyterrier Monkey Trainer

[Apr 5, 2008]
    They work, however I have heard claims that they can give false readings and not properly clear faults. If you're going fairly regular to an Audi/VW dealer, you might be best getting the actual kit from the states (Rosstech).
  4. HTC

HTC Active Member

[Apr 5, 2008]
    You can buy one of the old school OBDII leads from ebay for about £20 and run it with a dodgy older version of vag-com. Good for basic tests and logging, though doesn't work for later cars. If you want to delve in further, you should get the proper setup.