1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which used car warranty??

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by supasayer, May 20, 2013.

1. supasayer

supasayer New Member

Hi all,

Just signed up to this site. And also just bought myself a used Audi, a 2008 1.8T Audi A4, petrol. Traded in my 2003 2 litre model.

Nice, bit of a harder ride than i am used to.

I didn't buy the dealers used car warranty and am trying to decipher which company to buy a warranty with. there seems to be lots of stories of companies not honouring their customers, or at least not without battle on the customers part.

So, help please?

Any guidance on who are worth buying from and how to get value for money,

Nice one,

supasayer
  2. Audi Dynamik

Audi Dynamik Well-Known Member

Hi and Welcome Supasayer.
    Did you buy the Car from an Audi Main Dealer ? If so you will have one years Warranty on the Car. Then after a year you can purchase Warranty from somewhere.
  3. supasayer

supasayer New Member

Hiya,

No I bought it from elsewhere. Hence looking for an appropriate warranty that isn't going to leave me wondering why I even bothered at the point of making a necessary claim.

Any advice is much appreciated,

peace
  4. Zafi

Zafi Active Member

Its an insurance policy, not a warranty.

Insurance companies make a profit...... at the expense of the majority of policy holders.
  5. DieselJake

DieselJake God Mode

Best getting an indy for regular maintenance instead of warranty (or maintaining it yourself).
  6. AshA4

AshA4 Ash

I had warranty from Auto Protect when I got my car, just had nearly £400 worth of work done at Audi main dealer under it.
  7. JPM

JPM New Member

Put a few quid away every month. Use it as an emergency fund if you need any unexpected work. If your first year is trouble-free then you should have a nice sum in there.
  8. supasayer

supasayer New Member

thanks for all the responses and advice. i too am dubious about the benefit of giving these companies my money. love the idea JPM, may very well do that. thanks
  9. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Worth it for piece of mind, had new flywheel and a gearbox leak done under warranty at about £900 worth at Audi...