which tyres please

I

imported_Smudge973

Hi I need to replace my Dunlop Sport 9090 which were came as standard on my A4.
They are 235/45/zr17 - Any suggestions ? Also an idea of what price you paid would be useful.
I quite like the Dunlops which were fitted as standard and they have lasted 29k - I think I want directional - do I ?

I'd go for Goodyear F1's of Michelin Pilot Sport2's.

Priced up some Dunlop Sport 9000 - they appear to be the same as the 9090, does anyone know the difference ?

I run the Pirelli P6's on mine.

They are all season, but I was thinking of going to the Pilot Sports......any word on how they feel??

There definitely seems to be an F1 fan club on ASN but....
I asked because Costco do the pilot sport at 87quid per corner all in. Where as F1's will be about 103 per corner all in (that's 93 quid delivered and then a 10 per corner fitted)

goodyear F1"s
have been running them for 4 years
tryed them all toyo, prell, mich, yoko"S the best in order
F1, very good wereing, the best on wet roads
toyos cheap, great wereing, average wet/dry, hard to fault(also hard to get)?
Michelin Pilot Sport2's, not worth the money,
yoko"S the best grip you can get but very very bad were
Pirelli well priced were well, crap on wet roads good in dry (sureskids)

I have just bought a used A4 2.5 TDI Quattro and it had the Dunlop 9000 sports on from new. The dealer has replaced the front tyres for me prior to collection but has used Sportiva which I have no experience of. Are they just budget tyres that are useless or are they OK until the rears need replacing when I can do all four?

Thanks in advance.

I doubt anybody here has any knowledge of quieter and more comfortable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif its all about getting your car as low as possible and on 22's with spinners if possible. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

In my experience Road Noise was good with continentals if not outright driving performance. But that was on a very different car.

Isn't your oil burner engine drowning out tyre noise anyway:)

have you guys tried this company??

http://www.topgear.co.uk/

they're a long time favourite of www.civictype-r.co.uk, and do great service, both mail order and in-house. I needed some cheapy-cheap tires for my Type-R for several months while I battered it up and down the motorway, and got hold of some Federals (very good in the wet) for my 17" rims at £50 a corner FITTED!