Which tyre for low road noise?

Reaction score
I noticed a marked difference between the Bridgestone Potenza's I had fitted last year and the Pirelli P7's I have now. The Pirelli's are much much quieter with the road noise.

Which tyres have you guys found to be the quietest?

have a look on the likes of Camskill, black circles etc. They let you choose by tyre ratings, select the DB ratings.

I had Uniroyal Rainsport 3's on my B6 and they were excellent, hardly any tyre noise and superb grip!

Square Tyres are good at making no road sound .. As they cos they don't go round and round to make any sound at all .. Lol .. I have falken on mine they very good not much sound plus a good tyre as well

The truth is, (and as you know im sure) the lower the profile the louder its going to be. Also having harder rubber compounds like mine (Nankang Ns2's) contribute to its loudness BUT, are slightly more durable.

I have heard Falkens are very good on noise and price too. Other than that, it seems you have to pay for the top tyres like the Michelin Pilot Sports or the Dunlop sport maxx's for low noise supreme grip.

Sorry BakPak, my comment doesn't really help come to think of it :p