1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which turbo?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by circleswim, Mar 17, 2011.

1. circleswim

circleswim Lacks Car Funds...

[Mar 17, 2011]
    I've been advised that the car needs a new turbo which will be replaced by warranty. Seeing as it's on warranty I shan't be considering a recon, itll be a new unit. I've been told I've got the choice of an audi replacement that will have a 2 year warranty on it or a garrett replacement that has a years warranty I think. Anyone got any experience of the garrett? Which one should I go for?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

[Mar 17, 2011]
    I'm a bit puzzled really because Audi fitted Garrett turbos as original equipment in the 2005 BKD engine!!!

Anyway, if you're planning on keeping the car, go for the two year warranty. Any turbo that's fitted will perform ok otherwise they wouldn't offer it !
  4. circleswim

circleswim Lacks Car Funds...

[Mar 17, 2011]
    Haha! Ok thanks for that info Mike... I'm just really going off what my independent told me, only really had a quick chat while I was booking it in for the work, he's supposed to be pricing up the options for when I go in on Monday.