1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which touch-up paint?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by chris432626, Feb 24, 2010.

1. chris432626

chris432626 S3 Upminster

Can anyone recommend a brand / colour touch-up paint to get for a Silver S3? Small stone chip to repair.
    Thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. fran-s3

fran-s3 Active Member
    VCDS Map User

The official Audi stuff is best from the dealer... Looks like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-VW-LST-0...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4cedb8d8e1 ALTHOUGH I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS RIGHT FOR YOUR CAR SO DON'T QUOTE ME.

Or if your know any bodyshops go over and ask them to save u some next time they paint a silver Audi with the same paint code as yours. That's what I've done as have a chip in my bumper and there going to save me a tiny tub, perfect.

4. The Doctor

The Doctor Well-Known Member

For the actual price you may as well get the proper Audi stuff for the perfect paint colour match. It's the only thing I've ever bought from the main dealer & I'm proud of it! It was so satisfying seeing the sales guy's eyes light up when I arrived in the car park & started sniffing round the nearly-new 8P S3s on the forecourt, only to tell him after 5 mins chat that I just wanted a touch-up paint stick! Oh yes, and the receiptionist was rather nice...

Anyway, mine's called "Lake Silver" (looks the same as fran-S3's pic) and the part number was:

ALST 0M2 Y7W.

Cost me £5.81.

5. mk1chopper

mk1chopper Missing the S3

If you get the paint code halfords can mix up the colour, the pen has a really fine tip which was great for touching up the key scratch someone deciced to run down my passenger door. Was a perfect colour match too

6. JS1500

JS1500 Howdy

Off with their heads!:aggressive:

7. chris432626

chris432626 S3 Upminster

Thanks all.