WHICH SPARK PLUGS

AUDI TURBO

Reaction score
Do fancy spark plugs make a differnce?? if do which best any opinions on brands etc please

I'm using the NGK platinums, to be honest unless your running a really tuned engine I dont think they make that much difference, if your old one are knackered you'll fell a difference with new ones definatly. only using the platinums one as thats what was reccomended for the car when i went to get new ones

what standard plugs are you gonne use?? I'd reccomend NGK everytime I've always used them and never had anyproblems with them at all over the years.

i got the plats too, work well. I tried Bosch ones and my car wouldnt even start when they were in.

i fitted mine with stock copper plugs when i serviced it late last year. I did some reading and the general concensus was that copper plugs are better for heat dissapation as there is a larger surface area but wear quicker, especially in a boosted engine. Hence manufacturers fitting platinum and similar plugs to higher performance boosted engines (the 150hp AEB has coppers specified but the 180 and 225 versions as well as later 150s have platinums)