Which spark plugs?

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
Car wont run properly...firing on 2 or 3 cylinders... think it must be the plugs. They look pretty warn!

So, what are people using?

Rich

Was looking at NGK iridium... BKR6EIX

They should be ok!? Using Beu Ultra X at the moment, but took them out and they are v dirty, and gaps look pretty big. It just wont run on all cylinders...Only since its got cold.

Rich

Rich, i recently had melted wires running into the coil packs, may be worth a quick check on them.
Andy

Thanks..will take a look!! Pretty sure its the cold weather showing me the plugs have had it!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Denso uridium thingies. That said, my engine has a helluva lot easier life than yours!

[/ QUOTE ]

I too was running Denso Iridium plugs...IK22s.

I went up one heat range due to the boost and heat of the engine...pretty good they were too...never caused any problems.

False alarm! Turns out the injector connectors for racelogic were to blame! Had to bypass it for the time being. Looks like a bit of screenwash got in and crystallised on the pin. D'oH!! The A3/S3 scuttle panel is C R A P ! ! ! ! !

Going to change plugs anyway as when i checked them last night, they didnt look in the best condition!

Rich

You should run a colder plug with more boost etc.Standard s3 plugs are fine up to 380bhp.