1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which silver discs of steel?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by alicheung, Jul 16, 2004.

1. alicheung

alicheung New Member

Aye Aye folks

My cars going into the garage on monday for a service 64K (not Audi) their gonna do the timing belt (£150) tensioner and water pump and also take a look at the brakes which do a lot of shuddering under moderate braking with the steering going a wee bit rattley and loose, I suspect the discs and pads are likely to be changed so do you good folks think i should get them replaced with standard ones or pay a tad extra for better? if so which ones and how much xtra are they gonna sting me bearing in mind ive just moved house and living a monk like existence.
  2. leondehaas

leondehaas Member

Definetly try non OEM

I've got the Tarox Sport Japan discs (cross-drilled and grooved) http://www.tarox.com
    + Ferodo DS2500 pads http://www.ferodo.co.uk
    + Original callipers

Result = better braking and no fading
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  3. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

I got some Brembo discs from GSF car parts for £70 (both inc VAT) and some Mintex pads.........total came to £100.

Much less brake dust too!
  4. leespears1

leespears1 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    S3 Mike said:
    I got some Brembo discs from GSF car parts for £70 (both inc VAT) and some Mintex pads.........total came to £100.

[/ QUOTE ]

that 2 discs and pads to match for £100!! U got the phone number?
  5. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[ QUOTE ]
    S3 Mike said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi S3 Mike,

Can you post exactly which parts you ordered as I would be very interested in those new pads and discs, think mine are going to need changing soon, did you just do the front or both?

like the sound of less break dust too... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Cheers,

ben.