Which sat nav do I have ?

ChuckH

Reaction score
Car is a January 2003 A4 Cab The controls for the nav are on the centre console near the gear shift .And the display is beetween the rev counter and the speedo. It has a CD Unit in the boot. Im looking at a more up to date CD on Ebay and want to know if its compatible with my Nav set up. Or are they all interchangeable ??? Thanks.

i dont think they will mate, these are DVD,s for the rns-e unit, i think yours is CD based, i may be wrong but im sure there wrong.

no worries mate, i would double check with the disc you have ie all the numbers etc against the one on the bay, but if your unit is the bns your laughing, i cant believe how cheep the maps are for yours.

OK I bought the one from the above Ebay link But when I put it in the unit in the boot and switch on the Nav The display reads "CD reading fault Check CD ROM" Or something like that ! Any way it just wont load or work . So is it a fault with the CD or is it possible that My Nav unit is not BNS ? Ive looked at the books that came with the car and on the unit in the boot and just cant see what unit is in the car ????????????????????

Apparently I have BNS 4 And the CD ive bought is BNS 5 Flaming annoying to say the least ! Think I will buy a TOM TOM !!

sorry to hear that chuckh, what the hell is bns 4.
have you thought about getting an RNS-E unit mate.

sorry to hear that chuckh, what the hell is bns 4.
have you thought about getting an RNS-E unit mate.

I Havent a clue when it comes to technology Mate So I think a TOM TOM will be easyer Its just to confusing for Me trying to work out which DVD or CD And which version of BNS I have !