1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which S3 spoiler and how to fit it to an A3?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by sharma, Jun 6, 2007.

1. sharma

sharma Member

[Jun 6, 2007]
    Hi,

I am looking at purchasing an S3 roof spoiler to put onto my A3. I have found one on ebay for a nice price. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-roof-spoiler-original-S3-shape_W0QQitemZ260124965618QQihZ016QQcategoryZ72209QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What do you guys think? I could buy one from the dealer but it is very expensive. Over £160 and then I will have to get it sprayed and fitted. If you think the ebay one is a waste of time does anyone know where else I can get one?

I do not want to drill any holes so will bond it on. I know you can do this as many people in the forum have done so. Does anyone have any idea which glue I should use to ensure its bonded on properly. I don’t want the thing falling off.

Thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. coupe-se

coupe-se Member

[Jun 6, 2007]
    Have you had a quote for the prep work and spraying of the spoiler? It could be quite expensive.

I've bought a bargain spoiler from Ebay in the past for my previous car, an Impreza. All well and good; but the poor quallity and amount of work needed to prep the spoiler to spray it was a joke. Even with some modifiactions, shaving and jiggling it never did fit as well as an original Subaru one. In retrospect I wish I'd just bought one from Subaru.

Just a thought based on my experience, the one you are after from Ebay may be a good quality piece of kit.
  4. ScottTDI

ScottTDI Member

[Jun 6, 2007]
    I bonded mine with genuine Audi adhesive (pt No 00A071785), only £9.78+vat.
    It is easy to do, instruction are quite good.
  5. Orothon

Orothon New Member

[Jun 6, 2007]
    I may be talking complete rubbish here but as that spoiler on ebay is from an 8L S3, will it fit an 8P A3 properly anyway?
  6. normski

normski Member

[Jun 6, 2007]
    I adopted a rule which I haven't broken since my first car 17 years ago...if it didn't come with a spoiler, don't get one.

I suppose the quality of the fitting may have improved since then...

But good luck.
  7. emzino

emzino Active Member

[Jun 7, 2007]
    I'm planning to get the Votex/S-Line (dunno the difference) spoiler fitted when I get back from holiday in around 1-2months.
    Bit worried it might fall off lol.