1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which S3 Brakes??

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3 Johnny, Jan 17, 2010.

1. S3 Johnny

S3 Johnny The grass isn't always greener

Hi guys.
    I need to change my front brake disks & pads on my S3 (03) and i was thinking as i'm going to change them i might as well upgrade them.
    I was told Black Diamond are good and i can get them Drilled & Grooved with Pads for about £200+VAT from my mate who works in a car shop.
    What have you Guys got on yours and what do you think is best?
    Thanks for your time, Johnny.
  2. jdas03

jdas03 Member

I've got EBC turbo grooved discs and Yellow stuff pads. I got a good deal on them so went for them instead of the favoured blackdiamond/ferrodo.
    I have to say though i am very impressed. I went on a track day and experienced no fade at all even when gunning it round the track for 40 odd minutes without stopping. They were very warm when i came it but performed amazingly and didnt fail me at all.
    To me thats a good test. I was slightly put off by people when i had them initially fitted, but good experience has sold them to me and i will most likely get another set when these are worn.
  3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

Pads wise, Ferodo DS 2500's all day long.... disc wise, Black Diamond grooved or EBC Ultimax...

<tuffty/>