Which parts compliment a re-map?

jackj

Reaction score
Hi all,

As some of you know I've just had my BE 2.0 TDI 140 re-mapped and it is now producing 180BHP.

Is there any recommended products i.e. air filters I should get that would compliment the re-map?

Hope this makes sense :sorry:

Any thoughts or recommendations much appreciated!

Jack

Nice one Jack - but wouldn't it have been a good idea to research all possibilities before you did the re-map ?

Hiya Jack,

Panel filter (K&N is my preference) and full exhaust will help to improve the overall power of the car.

Although, it would have been better to introduce these prior to remapping if it was a custom map.

Thanks guys - and yeah I know, a bit of a school-boy error on my part :)

Think I'm going to go with K&N or Pipercross, although I'm hearing the best things about K&N!

Thanks again, and apologies for my inept research originally!

Hiya Jack,

Panel filter (K&N is my preference) and full exhaust will help to improve the overall power of the car.

Although, it would have been better to introduce these prior to remapping if it was a custom map.

Im in the same position fella but when i spoke to the fella who did mine, like the guys have said a panel filter and exaust will benefit the car but are not neccesary.

Hope this helps

S

should of gone with a custom map after upgraded parts really, but yeah go with a decnt air filter/induction kit,

have you looked into green cotton filters? full through exhaust is always good,

Thanks for all the input guys - I'm going to get a new panel filter for sure :)

Jack pm me which one you purchase and let me know how you get on please think ill be investing in one also.

Cheers S

NOt a problem Scott - I will do, thanks again for the input guys ....

Jack pm me which one you purchase and let me know how you get on please think ill be investing in one also.

Cheers S

How far do you want to go? You could get an induction kit, turbo back exhaust, egr delete, uprated clutch kit, hybrid turbo, injector nozzles, water/methanol should get you to 280-290hp