Which options are worth the premium?

Ben1992

Reaction score
Morning all,

This is my first post, i have recently ordered an a3 sportback 1.4tfsi COD in black, build week before christmas, i have opted for the comfort pack but my question is are there any other options that are worth the premium, i am considering the tech pack but is it really worth the extra £1000?

Ben

Morning all,

This is my first post, i have recently ordered an a3 sportback 1.4tfsi COD in black, build week before christmas, i have opted for the comfort pack but my question is are there any other options that are worth the premium, i am considering the tech pack but is it really worth the extra £1000?

Ben
Budget? Yeah technology package is worth that amount of dosh l paid frickin £1800 for it with connect added which is not worth the money so if you can afford it go for it,Audi sound system is great value for money,Pano-roof is great l love it person preference though

You will get loads of members telling you what they like,but at the end of the day it's all down to your budget

Reactions: glospete, Simon L, xBox and 1 other person
interior led light pack, reversing camera, one of the updated sound systems.
led light pack gives you puddle lights which you can swap out for a version that project audi rings on the ground, cant imagine having a car without a reversing camera now..you can do crazy parking and scare people with how close you can reverse to their car, audi sound system gives you a sub that sits in the spare wheel in the boot.

Options are subjective, only you can decide.

I've gone from a car with almost all options ticked to one with none.
The only thing I miss is the dimming rear view mirror, so I'll get that retro fitted. Everything else I have adjusted to not having in no time.
That's just me though.

I ended up with the led interior lights which are really nice esp vs my wife's S3 that doesn't have them.

TX.

Reactions: Simon L
High Beam Assist is really great and costs very little - well worth adding.
I have rear camera and love it. I would say front and rear parking sensors are well worth it - can't remember if I specced fronts separately, but I think rears come with comfort pack.
The option that I wish I had specced but didn't is Adaptive Cruise.
And Electric Lumbar support is also cheap and well worth it. NB - you don't get any lumbar without speccing this option.

Whatever you do, upgrade the stereo. I didn't and regret it every day. It's not that the upgrade is that great, it's that the standard one is that bad.

1. B&O
2. B&O
3. B&O

Seriously pano roof is good too. Comfort pack and interior light packs are must haves for what you get compared to cost. Front sensors, rear camera, high beam assist I also find very useful.

Reactions: rasA4, Simon L and Jassyo06
ACC well worth it in my opinion, as is the reversing camera.

Hi Ben, welcome to the forum.

Comfort pack is top of the VFM chart rest is down to personal preference and budget.

I am not so into gadgets, gizmos and cameras in my cars so my personal top options are Interior light pack and Audi sound system upgrade.

That said my current car (manual) has hold assist and side assist and the hold assist is 100% VFM

Folding door mirrors are also good especially if you need to park in tight car park spaces regularly.

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
Hi Ben, welcome to the forum.

Comfort pack is top of the VFM chart rest is down to personal preference and budget.

I am not so into gadgets, gizmos and cameras in my cars so my personal top options are Interior light pack and Audi sound system upgrade.

That said my current car (manual) has hold assist and side assist and the hold assist is 100% VFM

Folding door mirrors are also good especially if you need to park in tight car park spaces regularly.

Yeah power Folding door mirrors are a must,technology package Yip a must

My priorities lay more on the exterior looks if l am honest,pano-roof, roof rails,privacy metallic paint,even these fire up the price of the car by over £2k before you even start with interior options,l could do without the B&O lf it came down to a choice same goes for the S-tronic gearbox it's a difficult to spec a Audi just search the forum for threads the exact same as this

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
What I did is ,whatever I negotiated as a discount became my options budget.
Pretty much agree with Davetto.
Comfort Pack ,*** , ACC add on ., plus ILP , Folding mirrors. The *** is actually very good.

Reactions: glospete
I chose Panther Black paint - yet to see another. (although my next car will be velvet purple or rivera blue)
LED light package - Yes, totally worth it.
Adaptive Xenons - Totally worth it.
Privacy Glass - well, id be happy just having them tinted but atlas tinted glass doesn't bubble!
Keyless - well, its a feature i thoroughly enjoy.

i kept the basic sound system - I'm an audio whore, and have spent thousands on it in the past. i left it off this time, maybe I'm getting old i couldn't warrant the B&O, i also have no complaints regarding the standard system. id rather a louder exhaust anyway!
i wanted 19's, but they only came with the MagRide - not being able to have driven with and without, i opted to not have it.

i didn't choose the mirrors, my wife kicks me for it every time. i have no issue folding them in manually, and as for getting them to drop in reverse, well get VCDS and turn it on.

as for Nav, well i think my google maps on android is better and it works through my bluetooth, no issues or complaints.

if i could choose again, i don't think id make any changes, other than colour.

Audi Sounds system - great sound for little money
Lumbar support - a must have IMO
Xenon headlights - not cheap but the front and rear LEDs look great and more importantly, the headlights light up the road really well
Adaptive Cruise - Nice to have but not essential

It's all personal I guess, I went for interior light pack, folding mirrors, B&O sound and Panno roof. I would say the light pack is something I probably wouldn't bother with if i needed to shave a few hundred quid? love the roof though and the sound system. Mirrors are a must for me as it really helps when parking in the garage.

As has been said, budget is a big factor here! If I were to order again now, I don't think I personally could go without the following:
  • LED Light Package
  • Comfort Pack
  • Privacy Glass
  • Heated and Folding Door Mirrors with auto-dip when in reverse
  • Tech Pack High

Reactions: Rob2k68
Thanks for your input everyone, i decided to go with

Comfort pack
Park pack plus
Rear camera
Folding mirrors
Privace glass
Audi sound system

Reactions: glospete, Daveotto, Simon L and 3 others
Another thumbs up for the Electric Lumbar Support, you get it on both front seats and without it you get NO lumbar support. I'd also hugely recommend heated seats, they're heated on both seat and back and are WONDERFUL in cold weather. The only option I really wish I'd gone for was Adaptive Cruise Control rather than the normal CC.

I'm not convinced by the parking system plus. I have it and I find the front sensors are alarmist and don't add a great deal of value. The display on the MMI looks good, but again doesn't add much to your ability to park. I'd skip it and stick with the rear sensors that come with the Comfort Pack.

Reactions: Jassyo06
The member has already chosen his options, but feel absolutely free to carry on with the thread lol

The member has already chosen his options, but feel absolutely free to carry on with the thread lol

.................don't worry I will................................ B&O!!!!! Oops too late :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06

Have you seen how many people change their mind post order? Lots - me included.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Daveotto, Wondering Soul and 1 other person

......if you started a thread how many changed their spec post-order I reckon practically all of us would be on there!!

Mono pur?

Apparently if the OP hasn't specced it then their whole A3 ownership might be ruined.....

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and Jassyo06

Chill Chewbacca.....l will continue then, Go with whatever you can Afford...Simple's it's a Nae Brainer the Audi S3/A3's discounts, right now are the best you will ever get,just because of a wee facelift.....next year, hence Audi are giving you free satnav...and better discounts.....

Mono pur?

Apparently if the OP hasn't specced it then their whole A3 ownership might be ruined.....

The RS3 i test drove had this Sorry but it didnt bring anything extra to the table,it still looked man made...and

Reactions: Pulp84
The RS3 i test drove had this Sorry but it didnt bring anything extra to the table,it still looked man made...and
Your mistaken my friend.....it's by far the best option EVER. Debated many times!!

Reactions: Simon L, Wondering Soul and Jassyo06
Chill Chewbacca.....l will continue then, Go with whatever you can Afford...Simple's it's a Nae Brainer the Audi S3/A3's discounts, right now are the best you will ever get,just because of a wee facelift.....next year, hence Audi are giving you free satnav...and better discounts.....

Talking of Star Wars related..................how many here have seen the Youtube sketch 'Snatch Wars' ?? (think Star Wars meets Fight Club)

One of the funniest voice over clips I've ever seen.........................warning though......... shockingly bad language I'm afraid!! lol

Reactions: Ozmosis, Rob2k68, PanamaS3 and 1 other person
Your mistaken my friend.....it's by far the best option EVER. Debated many times!!

Mono kitty is gash...................... fact!! ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Pulp84
Talking of Star Wars related..................how many here have seen the Youtube sketch 'Snatch Wars' ?? (think Star War meets Fight Club)

One of the funniest voice over clips I've ever seen.........................warning though......... shockingly bad language I'm afraid!! lol

A "PG" video.....Then...lol....**** Me my post Alerts are goin Mental the Nicht...lol....big Spoon

Talking of Star Wars related..................how many here have seen the Youtube sketch 'Snatch Wars' ?? (think Star Wars meets Fight Club)

let me just wipe the tears from my eyes...then put the kettle on!....lol :)

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
.....but my question is are there any other options that are worth the premium.....

None of them are worth the premium - they should come as standard as they do on many other vehicles.

Out of all the options that I have, the only two worth a mention are:

1) B&O
2) LED Lights.

This is because I haven't had them on other vehicles.
All the other "options" come as standard on most vehicles so aren't worth a mention.

......if you started a thread how many changed their spec post-order I reckon practically all of us would be on there!!

Too right Si - think I changed mine 3 times the last one was to add mag ride - kerching goodbye £1k.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
None of them are worth the premium - they should come as standard as they do on many other vehicles.

Out of all the options that I have, the only two worth a mention are:

1) B&O
2) LED Lights.

This is because I haven't had them on other vehicles.
All the other "options" come as standard on most vehicles so aren't worth a mention.

Have to say the LED lights are bloomin good and add a lot to the car but prob not essential and not massively high tech over xenons been debated on here a LOT......

......BUT......

They DO have the brightest indicators in the known UNIVERSE !!!!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Wondering Soul and Simon L
Too right Si - think I changed mine 3 times the last one was to add mag ride - kerching goodbye £1k.

Wise you are my friend :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
What I did is ,whatever I negotiated as a discount became my options budget.
Pretty much agree with Davetto.
Comfort Pack ,*** , ACC add on ., plus ILP , Folding mirrors. The *** is actually very good.

That's a very good way of looking at it! I might try to do the same next time I change - although no plans to for the foreseeable.