1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which one??

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by imported_hburnett, Jun 2, 2005.

?

What do you do about dinks?

1. A3 SptBk 2.0TDI Sport

700.0%
  2. A4 Saloon 2.0TDI S-Line

800.0%
  1. imported_hburnett

imported_hburnett Guest

Hi Guys.

New to this board so HELLO!

In the the midst of choosing new company car and I have whittled it down to 2!

Either the A3 SptBk 2.0TDi Sport - with extras (Cruise, Xenon, Symphony + BOSE, wheels etc) or a std A4 2.0TDi S-Line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Just wondering if mainy people have views on either of them and have had any problems with them?

A mate has mentioned that the S-Line was a very harsh ride? But this was the A3... Any different to the A4?

I was also thinking of chipping it once got. Any views?

Cheers H
  2. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

So what do you get with the A4 B7 S-line as standard?
  3. mcs6

mcs6 New Member

I would drive both and then decide...also you might get them to give you the car for 24 hours or so...much better than a 20 minute test drive with the saleguy sitting next to you.

I was going for the A3 Sport. I drove an A3 S-line and it was way too harsh for me...again a matter of personal preference. In the end when I thought I decided...I went in to order and ended up test driving an A4 2.0 Tdi with sports suspension....my God...I thought I was in heaven...so mine arrives in 2 days (on order since April).

I would lean more to the A4...bigger car, more beautiful (personal taste) and much better interior.
  4. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

I have had both (and several of each!) and whilst the A3 was great fun around town, longer journeys the A4 is better every time. The ride is harsh on the s line a3 especially but I could live with it.
  5. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

The A3 sline is a very good point and shoot car. The suspension is very harsh, but if you can live with it it rewards you with fantastic handling. It can get a bit tiresome on long journeys (Especially if you've got a fat ass like me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Had a new A4 S-Line as a loaner whilst they glued my A3 back together. Did Southampton to Leeds and back in one day and felt pretty good. It is a LOT quieter at higher speeds than the A3, and I mean a LOT.

Handling isn't as good but correspondingly the ride isn't as harsh. Suprisingly the standard equipment level isn't as good in the A4, no DIS, no half leather.

You also get the new SFG which looks awesome on the A4 and $hite on the A3.

I do a lot of miles and to be honest the A4 would have been the more sensible option, but I'm just not ready for grown up size cars yet.

Hope that helps
  6. imported_unkle

imported_unkle Guest

The guy nextdoor to me just got an S-line A4 Avant, its black and on big S-line alloys, looks the mutts nuts in a not-to-over-the-top kinda way...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif