1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which one to have

mac1403 May 22, 2007

1. mac1403

mac1403 Member

I am looking for a new stereo for the car and am stuck between 2 at the mo. One is the Becker and the other is the JVC.....Becker sat nav, jvc dvd which one would you guys on here have? or maybe a different HU completely. Was going to put this in the ICE section, but i aint after anything too in depth, just a few opinions on which is better and why.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

JVC looks nice

3. mac1403

mac1403 Member

yeh i know, but they are not available in the Uk yet and it's a pain to recode the radio from us stations, dvd also region 1. I think its just gonna come down to dvd or sat nav. A lot of people on here rant about Becker though

4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

I have the earlier JVC the AVX1, and it is bloomin brilliant,giga pm3 is the best, 4.3 gb of mp3's on one dvd. I tried a Becker for a while when i was serious about my sounds, and yes it sounded smooth and clear, yes it looks OEM, and yes i had it repaired twice.

Since swapping to my JVC i havnt looked back, i can play dvds for the kids etc
    HTH

5. mac1403

mac1403 Member

Must admit I have heard a few bad things about Becker. Also they are bloody expensive. The one in the picture is £599, but managed to find it for just under £400