1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which new tyres?

Discussion in 'TT/TT-S/TT-RS Forum' started by , Apr 7, 2005.

1. Guest

At just over 17K i've come to the point where I need to bite the bullet, put a big dent in the wallet and get 4 new tyres. Interestingly the fronts have worn slightly quicker than the rears. I'd narrowed my choice down to 3. Replace the Orignal Pirrelli P Zero Rosso's (225/40/ZR18) or switch to Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 ( 5 quid cheaper) or Michelin Pilot Sport 2's (20 quid more expensive). I thought I might go for the Michelins as the reviews seem to say they are better all round and might last longer, although with 312lb/ft i'm not so sure! Any suggestions? Comments?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

pilot sports should be a good bit cheaper than other 2 at costco.

i'm getting new tyres with wheels and the f1's work out a good deal with the particular place i'm getting wheels from.

4. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User Team Sepang Audi S3 Audi RS3

The fronts will wear quicker as more power is put to the front wheels (until they start slipping) and also because you steer with the front wheels.

5. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator quattro Audi S3

Why not have a look at the Tyre of choice thread in the A3/S3 forum for more info.

Tyre of Choice Linky

6. Guest

Thanks jojo. Had a look, seems it's pretty much down to personal preference. Went for the Michelin PS2's in the end and first impressions are good.