1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which module will my keys work with?

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by Icy, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Icy

Icy New Member

Can anybody with a little more knowledge about key fob frequencies? As far as i can see, there is
    • 434MHz for mobel PR-5D1
    • 315MHz for model PR-5D3
    5D3 seems to be the more popular one but how can i tell if my keys (both OEM) is 5D1/2/3???
    Bought the car without CCM :(. So cant buy one unless i know fobs will work.

Any advice how to check (keys have part numbers but no letters at the end) Thanks in advance
    Icy

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TYphoon GB

TYphoon GB Active Member

433.92MHz (434MHz) Europe
    315 MHz Japan and USA

4. Icy

Icy New Member

Thanks TYphoon, i phoned my local audi dealer for a CCM, but the price they gave me is astronomical! Not sure if we are allowed to share pricing, but R5500 (490.68 euro) they can only order 4B0 962 258 J, which i think is the 315 MHz band. Knowing this car is from Scotland, i guessing it must be the 434MHz band? So ill have to get 4B0 962 258 a/d/b/e (434MHz?). Ebay perhaps as i have phone all over already :p

5. TYphoon GB

TYphoon GB Active Member

6. Icy

Icy New Member

Hey TYphoon

Thanks again for the wonderful replies! Looks like iam sticking to the module 4B0 962 258 B for my car. Found a scrapyard busy stripping a quattro C5, but he wants an arm and two legs for it, tho he wasn't even aware of this units.... R3000! There is alot of Audi/VW scrapyards in JHB, phoned my sister which is on holiday there to have a look for me. Wishful thinking i guess :p Maybe its my only choice to get off ebay. I found one on there for £60 and its with the case and plugs! That would be a treat... Thanks for the offer with your friend, but i doubt ill make it on time for the unit and extra baggage for the flight...

Anyways, iam hoping for the best i find one in JHB, ill update tomorrow :salute: