Which model VAG cars will give me better brakes?

munchkincoupe

Reaction score
Hi

I just need to know which other VAG cars will give me a set of direct fit front brake calipers/carriers to go on my 8P1 2.0TDI 3dr that will be an upgrade over my standard set-up +/- 312 brake discs too?

Thanks for your help

A3 2.0T/GTI brakes/TT 2.0T (312mm)

R32/8P 3.2/S3 brakes/8J 3.2

TT-RS brakes

So is that mk4 and mk5 golf gti brakes - and new and old shape TT too?

Thanks

Gallardo :wub:

lp560-wheel-brakes.jpg

So is that mk4 and mk5 golf gti brakes - and new and old shape TT too?

Thanks

No mk4, mk1 TT dont fit as they are 5x100 hubs. Stick to anything thats 5x112 and 312mm and above and it should go on fine.

I don't know this for definate but I think the caliper carriers from a 312mm Golf IV may well be the same as apart from the first 3 digits the rest of the part number is the same - that is if you use you existing caliper and new disks. That would convert your 288 to 312.

Paul

If I can get a full set from a Mk5 are the rear brakes an upgrade too and I take it they will fit straight on to?

Right I've struck a deal for the full set of calipers from a Mk5 Golf GTi. I know I will need some 312 discs and pads to match the calipers but do I also need the Dust Guards + brake lines from the GTI or can I use the ones already on my 8P1?

Thanks for any help

yeah as smudge said tt-rs brakes are the ones to have in my eyes , did you sell yours after smudge ??

ah greece local then lmao how much did that cost for postage alot i bet , well at least they are gone now eh