Which Mmi Cable?

MA3RC

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've switched from an iPhone to a Galaxy S5. Which MMI Cable would I need to buy to charge and display album artwork etc?

Many thanks
Marc

I had my local Audi dealership get a cable in for me to try with my S5. It doesn't work.

Since changing to an S5 from iPhone I'm having issues with Spotify over Bluetooth. I used Spotify via bluetooth on both phones. However with my S5 I can skip forward a track with the car toggle, but not backwards. The display doesn't show the track length or position either, only the track name. Whereas the iPhone had full functionality via Bluetooth.

Has anyone else had this issue with an android or does my car software need updating or something?
Thanks

I can skip forwards and back ok and it shows the track length/position etc.

Since changing to an S5 from iPhone I'm having issues with Spotify over Bluetooth. I used Spotify via bluetooth on both phones. However with my S5 I can skip forward a track with the car toggle, but not backwards. The display doesn't show the track length or position either, only the track name. Whereas the iPhone had full functionality via Bluetooth.

Has anyone else had this issue with an android or does my car software need updating or something?
Thanks

What sound system do you have? And crackles?

I just have the basic sound system. There's no crackles at all. Just ever since getting this new phone I can only skip forward via bluetooth... weird

Yeah I've tried all that. I might take it to audi to see if there's a software update, I had to do a similar thing with my previous ford

I noticed when browsing around myAudi earlier that the S5 doesn't seem to be supported yet (annoyingly, my wife's Nokia Lumia 1020 is...), could this be perhaps explain the functionality problems above? The S5, I'm assuming, runs on a newer version of Android than the S4 (which is listed in myAudi) so it may just be that Audi haven't got round to writing the relevant software patch yet.

I noticed when browsing around myAudi earlier that the S5 doesn't seem to be supported yet (annoyingly, my wife's Nokia Lumia 1020 is...), could this be perhaps explain the functionality problems above? The S5, I'm assuming, runs on a newer version of Android than the S4 (which is listed in myAudi) so it may just be that Audi haven't got round to writing the relevant software patch yet.

FWIW, my HTC One, running Android 4.4.3 is fine with my S3. No consolation, I know, sorry :(