1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which MAF do I get?

J7USS Apr 17, 2010

1. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Ok Crew so as it says above, Where we getting these MAF's (mass air flow) from these days?
    Ive been told to leave GSF/Euro alone as they dont have a "tunnel" thingy in them....whats all that about??
    An RAC bloke told me that this afternoon...

Do I go Bosch (fortune I know) or is there anywhere where anyone can recommend?
    ....or is the bloke talking:tocktock: Pooh

:icon_thumright:

2. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

i got my one from tps mate and its a bosh no probs with it at all for £73 ish

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  3. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Nice one Simon! Aslong as its Bosch then I suppose I cant go wrong. You get 12months warranty am I right??

4. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

yes mate as its new i tried euro parts to but they was a few pounds more not much but hey if your spending cash any saving is good :icon_thumright:

5. A4 nut

A4 nut Member

He is talking pooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bosch is £46 exchange from gsf it is the same as oem but anyway take that panel filter off if you still have it on it kills the air mass

6. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

what panel is that mate

7. A4 nut

A4 nut Member

Piper cross the oil in them comes off and sticks to the hot wire on the air mas coating it so it does not work you get 2 months max out of an maf if you are lucky so dont replace the air filter with one they dont work RS4's dont use them so we dont need them.!

8. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

So how many MAF's you been through A4Nut??
    Ive always had Piper panel filters on both my audi's without any probs - Im changing the MAF just because its been on the car since day one so thought its time to renew!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  9. A4 nut

A4 nut Member

Done 2 since november! gone back to stock now

10. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Ok, Ill give it a try I guess!Never had a MAF fail as of yet but now ive said it - You watch...
    So GSF I take my old one for an exchange for Bosch at £46, I can handle that!

11. vinesh

vinesh Member

Brought mine from GSF as an exchange.

To change the whole unit it was a big job to take everything apart. I kept my original air pipes in place and just removed the old MAF and replaced it with the one from GSF.