which lowering springs?

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Im thinking of getting some 18's on my A3 2.0 TDI SPORTBACK (SPORT MODEL).

If after wheels are fitted im going to see if it will need lowering,if it does,then which ones should i go for and what drop?

APEX,EIBACH,KONI,P.I, JAMEX,GMAX ?

As my car is the sport model how much lower is it than the se model and also is the s-line lower than the sport,if so by how much?

I was told a 30mm drop wont drop my car that much as its a sport,what is the best drop i can go without affecting camber 30,35 or 40mm

Do a search fella, theres numerous recent threads covering this subject!

Personally I would always go with a matched spring / damper combo as the spring rate will be matched to the damper stroke.

Why not consider something like Weitec which are KW's budget (but very good range). If you lower it to much on OE dampers the ride will be all over the place as the damper will be operating out of range.

yea it is best to lower it with a spring and damper set, but the a3's dampers will be able to handle the lower spring just will wear out slightly quicker, i am getting the H&R 35mm springs, as the sport is already 10mm lower than standard, the 30mm drop will only make your car sit 20mm lower than now, the H&R 35 will make it sit the same height as the s3, you could always look at the kw 40mm. go onto advanced search n jus type lowering springs n do it on a3 8p section n see what comes up

h&rs is the way although there slightly stiffer than eibachs ive heard so probly a slightly harsher ride although there a tougher lighter spring....

i mainly went for the H&R purely for their build quality. i know H&R's are very good, n id much prefer to spend my money on something good!!!