1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which ISP?

wilko May 10, 2007

1. wilko

wilko Top Gear

I'm currently with Virgin Media for my phone & broadband, but have cancelled my phone and am going with BT - reason was because I'[m trying to cut my monthly outgoings. Now I have the dilema of who to get my broadband from. I have an Orange Mobile so I thought maybe Orange but that would mean renewing with an 18 month contract and i'm 8 months into my current one so i'm not that keen. I have Sky so I thought Sky could be a good option with Talk See & Surf.

What does everyone else use? I've heard Sky had some initial problems but most of them are now sorted.

Anything/one else i should consider?

2. mickey_a6

mickey_a6 Member

3. maxlbrown

maxlbrown Deep Blue

im with ukonline so far cheap reasonable costs me a tenner a month. thought of changing to sky but during the change process i will be without broadband for up to 4 months.

shy wont connect if an existing broadband connection is there you have to cancel down and clear the line before they will start the connection process. recently a friend of mine went onto sky it took them 12 weeks to connect.

Carphone warehouse have just taken 5 months to connect another friend who was originally on dial up.

Hope this helps you choose

Max

4. wilko

wilko Top Gear

Thanks guys.

5. inigoj

inigoj Member

I would choose an LLU service if you have one available at your exchange.

I moved from Zen to BE, and am very happy with the speed/service.

Sky's unlimited 16mb offering doesnt seem to get the bad reviews that its other services do either.

6. SamDude

SamDude Active Member

;)
    I'm with Be :icon_thumright:

I connect at around 17-19mb, hardly enough time to make a cuppa before Lost is 'found'...

7. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member VCDS Map User

Zen for me too and I have in total 7 Zen connections used at work and other than when BT let them down, they are excellant.