1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which is the best graphics card out of these two ?

bigblokey0 Mar 5, 2007

1. bigblokey0

bigblokey0 Member

nvidea 6600 gt 128mb agp

ati radeon 9550 256mb agp

2. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

Not sure, probably the 256 one. ;)

3. inigoj

inigoj Member

The Nvidia 6600gt is the faster card for gaming.

4. 1210tech

1210tech Four Ring Fanatic

if you play a lot of games, especially online, then the 256mb but also check if it is shared or dedicated, ideally for online gaming you want a dedicated 256mb graphics card

5. Beerzo

Beerzo Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

I play allot of online games. If you dont mind me asking what is your budget?

Do you have a pci-express x16 slot on your motherboard?

6. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

The 6600GT is the better of the two by a fair margin, ignore the 128mb difference on that spec of card it wont make a difference

Can i ask how much you're paying for the card, as its not worth more tha nabotu 35 quid mate

as for a pcie 16X slot, if you're looking for a cheapish hard hitting card id try and get a 7600GT, real good card and if your lucky u can have one for about 60 or so quid

7. Beerzo

Beerzo Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

I runa 7600 GT and it was around the 60 quid mark PCi-Express.

Deffo worth paying the extra money if your budget is more than 60 then your onto a winner. I preffer Nvida Cards but thats just me.

8. bigblokey0

bigblokey0 Member

these are cards ive allready got i have the nvidea and my son has the ati ive had my card well over 2 years now but it can still play all the top games so theres no point in getting rid of it yet

the reason i ask the question is because when we come to play ghost recon advanced warfighter my default video setting for the game are set to low however when my son plays it on his pc everything set to high and he has a lower spec pc than myself how bizarre is that !!

9. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

You can overclock the 6600 to some quite ridiculous levels, and the default settings are a rubbish guide anyway, just tweak them to what your pc can handle