which is best 2.7 tt 0r v8

Depends on how you wana look at the car, personally i dont like the B6 chassis but then i wouldnt say no to a B6 S4 but would pick an S4 B5 just because its a B5.

Best for what? Sound? Tunability? Stock Power? Potential Power? MPG? Known engine faults?

The 2.7TT engine has more power potential with many examples in the states and mainland europe, just search for MRC or Unit 20 if you need to see what a souped up engine can do.

The b6 platform has a touch more class and handles a bit better than the b5 platform however is heavy and does not have that much power for the displacement...

2.7tt by far

getting any real power gains out of the v8 will cost you 13k (supercharger)

2.7tt wont depreciate much more, if at all, the newer one will, as for handling, a decent set of arb and shsock spring setup will make it night and day

the 2.7tt (albeit the RS4 version) is the highest power engine per CC that Audi have ever produced I beleive.

the 2.7tt (albeit the RS4 version) is the highest power engine per CC that Audi have ever produced I beleive.

The pikes peak s1 had a max power of 1400 Bhp but it started ripping the crank apart hence they have detuned the engine to just 1100 Bhp. Not bad at all from a 2.2 engine !
Walter Rorhl used to shift in to 6th gear in 200 meters, do a search for "umluft" if you need to find out more...

even out does the new rs6 in that sense !

thing is, not many engines can cope with a 100% increase in torque and a 75% bhp increase without the engine internals being changed