which iPods work in iPod dock?

Granta

Reaction score
evening all,

quick question i have a 57 plate s3 with a concert 2 HU which has bluetooth and the iPod connectivity with the dock in the glovebox. now i have a 2nd generation nano which fits in the dock nicely and it also takes a charge. i have a few other nanos but they don't take a charge nor do they fit in the dock correctly.

the 2nd gen nano works well but the only issue with it is its only 4 gb and i want it to be about 40 gig! the dci does take a larger iPod, now can anyone confirm which iPod it will take, as far as I'm aware its an iPod classic?? I know there are a few different iPods out there, is it the same as a iPod photo or is it called a classic?

just been on wiki about iPod classics, does atone know which generation of iPod classic will fit?

There are little inserts available that you can get that fit into the docks to make the various models fit snug

just been on wiki about iPod classics, does atone know which generation of iPod classic will fit?

I have read it somewhere and 4th generation comes to mind but it maybe for my dension unit