1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Interior?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by sharpr, Mar 9, 2005.

1. sharpr

sharpr New Member

Ordered a new 3.0 TDIQ Avant, but having difficulty making up my mind over which interior to spec.

What are peoples opinions on Alcantara? Is this a good compromise over full leather?
  2. gizze

gizze Member

Personally I would take it over leather everytime, there was a 3.0tdi Q Avant S-Line in the very dark grey, almost black, with grey alcantara outside my dealer the other day and it looked stunning!
  3. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Lovely warm material alcantara, but just down to personal taste.

Leather can wear, espicially on seat bolsters after a few years, but alcantara can bobble after a few years too, but this is not a concern when the car is brand new.

Both are stunning, but my personal taste would be leather, no alcantara, no leather, no alcantara, well you get my drift. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  4. sharpr

sharpr New Member

Thanks for the responses.

I really like the look of the valcona leather, but I'm loathed to spend £1650 on an optional extra. Even the alcantara is a £1000 optional extra, but I think I have to upgrade the interior from the standard cloth for resale purposes.
  5. gizze

gizze Member

Why not go for the S-line Package, you get great wheels and the leather/speed cloth sports seats with Lumbar and nice aluminium trim along with much better suspension and a few other bits for £1900 I think it is.

I have the S-line in my A3 and prefer it so much more to leather, and I have had leather in my last 4 or 5 cars.
  6. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Of course, if you're really worried about balancing the extra outlay against resale value, why not just save a fortune, and buy a 2nd hand one with full leather, let someone else take the hit?
  7. AndrewRichmond

AndrewRichmond Member

Young kids+cloth seats=one hell of a mess!

You need leather. Remember the heated seats also though as leather gets awfully chilly. The Audi leather seats are beautiful so go for it.
  8. sharpr

sharpr New Member

Prosume you were speaking about the standard S Line cloth seats.

S Line package costs £1,400.

At the moment, you get a choice of 5 spoke or 9 spoke 18" wheels free, instead of the 17" wheels that are included as part of the S Line package normally.
  9. gizze

gizze Member

Yeah sorry just re read my post, I was talking about the standard cloth that comes with the S-line.

Are the sandard wheels the double spoke ones? as these look better than the 9 spoke I think. Although if the 5 spoke are the RS6 style then I would go for them.
  10. sharpr

sharpr New Member

The 5 spoke wheels are the RS6 lookalikes, therefore that what I'm going with.

If I can't have an RS6, then I'll make my TDI look like one!
  11. gizze

gizze Member

Haha

good move!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif