1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which intake?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by jayc89, Jul 15, 2010.

1. jayc89

jayc89 New Member

Hi all,

I'm planning on adding a couple of bits to my S3, and I'm looking for a bit of advise on which intake I should get.

I have been looking at either the Forge TwinTake or Carbonio Intake system however I have heard the Carbonio is "all show and no go" so it's looking like the TwinTake is in pole position!

Would anyone be able to recommend the best CAI out there of the S3 engine?

Thanks! :D
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  2. ahed

ahed New Member

I would say standard air box with droped in Pipercross or K&N panel filter, Keep it real, Keep it OEM :icon_thumright:
    But at the end of the day, its your call bro.
    Good Luck
  3. craig32

craig32 Member

If you're planning on going after some serious gains with a remap and exhaust it would be a shame to keep the OEM airbox as this will be restrictive.

Most folk fit CAI's when tuning beyond stage 1, some do it even without a remap where it can still offer a slight performance benefit over the OEM setup.

As for which one to go for there are a couple of really decent ones such as the ITG maxogen or Forge Twintake amonst many others.
  4. S.

S. Well-Known Member

that's just wasting money. you won't see any gains. go for a ITG or forge Twintake.
  5. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

keeping the standard air box is waste of time, a filter change will hardly make any difference. the OEM air box is too restrictive. Any of the recognised intakes from Forge, ITG, Evoms, Neuspeed etc will good very good gains higher up the rev range and much quicker throttle response, but need a stage 2 map for best results.